Waking Up Alone (Cisco's POV)

(BTW the song doesn't really go with the plot, but I love the angst in James Bay's voice and so I listened to it while I was writing xD Anyways, enjoy!)

Cisco

"Do you think they'll get married someday?"

I was sitting on the couch with Leah, eating ice cream out of the tub with a fork because we ran out of spoons. As I looked over at her, her features and everything around her was colored blue. This wasn't the first time I had seen something like this; I had something like this happen when she was being kidnapped. So, why was I sitting on the couch with her now? And why was SHE eating the mint chocolate chip ice cream and not me? That's my favorite...

I had no control over my mouth, but I heard my voice say, "Who?"

She looked over at me, the fork sticking out of her tub of ice cream and a silly smile on her face. Her blue eyes were shining with such happiness that it just felt wrong. Leah, I had just seen you get kidnapped, why are you smiling? Why are we here? Why are you eating the mint chocolate chip and I'm eating the cookies and cream? This is backwards, girl!

"Iris and Barry?" You mean, the dork who can't even speak straight around pretty, pretty girls and his dream girl? You're joking, right?

"Well, they have been dating for two years," my voice pointed out to the dream Leah. Wait, Barry has been dating Iris for how long? Since when?

She gave one of the sweetest smiles then and I almost forgot about how I had no clue what was going on.

"We've been dating for four years."

Four years. What?

Last I checked, it's only been a few weeks, almost a month (not that I'm keeping track...). Did I fall asleep and wake up four years later? I mean, a month can feel like four years when you love someone so much. And what's only a month when you've been attracted and interested in this woman for three years prior to when you started dating? But four years? Did I fall asleep and then wake up years later?

However, when she said it, I did notice the change in her hair length. She had let it grow way past her shoulders this time, and I could tell that from the low ponytail that hung over her shoulder. It was also lighter as if the sun had bleached it. Wait, but it is Christmas... The sun has hardly been out all week. As he looked closer, I also noticed a couple of laugh lines that had found their way on her cheeks. How much time had gone by? Was I dreaming? What?

Nevertheless, no matter how confused and baffled I was, I found myself grinning at her, "I know. Four years and three months."

I could just barely see the calendar hanging on the wall passed her shoulder, though. It marked July. Summer already? Wait... Four years and three months... That can't be right. That would make our anniversary in April. But we started dating in December. It should be four years and eight months. Again, what?