Kiss It All Better (Leah's POV)

It felt like years before I was able to open my eyes again, not that I wanted to. When I did, there was a bright, white light shining on me. I blinked a few times and closed my eyes again. Maybe, I'm dead. If I am, God won't mind if I go back to sleep, right?

However, my mind wouldn't allow that. It thought about the car accident, Ronnie, and hoped and hoped that Cisco was okay. It was also distracted by the pain in my head and the throbbing coming from my whole right side. Reluctantly, knowing I wasn't going back to sleep any time soon, I opened my eyes slowly and allowed myself to adjust to the light.

The first person I saw was Caitlin, not that I was surprised. She had her back to me, leaning over her desk and writing something down. I could hear the sound of her pen scratching the paper, along with the beeping noise of my heart monitor. I didn't want to be here. She was the last person I wanted to talk to at the moment, but there was no possible way I was getting up anytime soon, so I gripped the white hospital sheets in my hands and spoke up.

My voice was gross with pain and sadness, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Her head quickly snapped up and she turned to look at me, "Oh, Leah! Thank goodness you're okay!" She seemed genuinely happy to see me but I hated that I just couldn't feel the same way. My eyes were watering up again. "Oh, do you hurt? I can give you more pain medication- it is time to take some more anyways—."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I repeated again a little louder as a tear fell. She jumped at my sudden reaction and looked at me with wide eyes. She opened her mouth to say something but I quickly cut her off, "You knew that was Ronnie." It wasn't a question, no, I knew for sure that she had known the burning man was Ronnie before she even told me about him. "You knew it was him and didn't say anything... Why? I... I could've been more prepared, Caitlin... I... I could've helped him if I had known beforehand..." The lights flickered. What is with the city's electricity lately?

Caitlin eyed the lights suspiciously, noticing the flicker too before speaking up, "Leah, I'm so sorry."

"Yeah, Cisco said the same thing, but it doesn't mean a damn thing anymore."

Caitlin frowned, "I didn't want you to think I was crazy." Her eyes watered as she went on, "And I wasn't completely sure it was him! I didn't want to get your hopes up! It would've broke your heart--."

"My brother practically spat in my face and told me he wanted nothing to do with me, Caitlin." I said, my voice was in a calm and cold state, but the tears burned hot nonetheless. "THAT hurt. My brother is supposed to be DEAD and yet, he's roaming the street, lost and scared, and wanting nothing to do with me." The lights flickered more and my heart monitor shut off completely. "NOTHING... Nothing hurts more than that..."

A few tears fell down her face and she quickly wiped them away and shook her head. "Leah..." But she said no more, because there was no more to say.

I still felt panicky and although I was mad at him, my mind quickly went to Cisco. "Where is he?"