Twin Help (Leah's POV)

We were quiet the next morning. It was a little awkward with the words that we were saying hanging in the air around us, but neither of us wanted to try and catch them. We both were lying in bed longer than we usually do. I was stalling; I really didn't want to get up. He was warm, his arms still around me, and I was content, feeling happy even with the trace of Ronnie's smell on the shirt I was wearing. It mostly smelled of Cisco now. The pillow we were sharing, the large blue comforter wrapped around both of us. My head was still lying on his chest, our hands still intertwined. The sun seeping through the window, throwing a ray of light over our legs. The only sound was the beating of his heart and the birds chirping outside the window.

Until his phone vibrated on the nightstand next to his head. He had to let go of my hand to reach up and grab it. I briefly saw that it was a text from Barry. I figured they were looking for us to come into work by the unhappy sigh that Cisco gave. For a second, I pressed myself closer to him, hiding my face at his neck. He always told me I was a snuggler with the way I nuzzle into him, now I see why. I couldn't help but smile just slightly as he wrapped his other arm around me and gave me a tight squeeze. I was trying so hard to speak without words: "We should stay here, Cisco. Let's stay here and not go to work. Let's never leave." I love being like this with him. I love him.

I felt my cheeks burn at the thought. I am crazy. Crazy for my best friend. Shit.

I could feel him slowly loosening his grip on me and I held back a sigh. I knew we couldn't stay there all morning. That wouldn't be allowed. That's not how life works.

He whined just a little before throwing an arm over his face to shield his eyes. Pretend we didn't see it and go back to sleep. I giggled just a little at the sight, my voice still a mess from last night. He removed his arm and smiled at me. And for another minute or so, he just looked at me. Not like he was judging me or expecting me to say anything, but as though he were actually seeing me for the first time. As if he liked what he saw.

My face flushed more and I quickly got up and made my way to the bathroom so he couldn't see. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair, put on a little bit of makeup as well, before handing the bathroom over to Cisco. While he disappeared behind the door, I quickly got changed. I was going to settle with a pair of jeans and a t-shirt like I had been doing recently, but something made me reach for the black skirt I hadn't seen in a while. I wore it with a nice button-up white blouse and pulled my hair up just halfway to keep it out of my face. Cisco came out of the bathroom not long after that and quickly looked me up and down. My cheeks turned red again and I finally knew what it felt like to have butterflies in my stomach when the corners of his mouth tugged a little upwards. Ah, that's why I grabbed the skirt. It had been the one I wore the day we first met. And Cisco's silent compliments were some of my favorites.

He nodded his head towards the door and I quickly headed out, making sure to hide the satisfied smile forming on my face. He drove this time and I watched the buildings go by out the window. Everything was still wet from last night's rain shower.

He held the door open for me when we got to STAR Labs and I gave him a quick "thank you." He was still silent, though, and I was sort of starting to worry. Was last night too much? We're only friends, maybe letting him see me cry was going way too far. In my defense, he came into my room! Then again, I didn't question it or throw him out. I was too relieved that he was there because that's what I had wanted. It was like he heard me somehow.