Technically Speaking... (Cisco's POV)

(The lyrics have nothing to do with the chapter, but the music went so well with the beginning of the chapter before they get to STAR Labs sooooo, here you go) 

I drove once again to STAR Labs, listening to Leah hum quietly as she stared out the window. I couldn't help but steal glances at her every now and then. I had pictured this many, many times before; Leah in the passenger seat of my car, I have one hand on the wheel and the other is holding hers above the gear shift. I rubbed the back of her hand with my thumb to see her reaction; she glanced down at our hands before looking up at me. Her eyes caught mine and she smiled, her cheeks turning pink just slightly. God, I loved that color of pink.

"What about your birthday?" She broke the silence, still looking over at me.

I kept my eyes on the road, "What about it?"

"Well, it's in a few days... Don't your parents do anything for your birthday?"

My lips formed a thin line and I swallowed the thought of my parents actually caring because I knew it was highly unlikely. "No," I gave her a smile, hoping she wouldn't feel pity for me. I was honestly use to it by now. "I guess that's another reason why Dante and I don't get along. Our birthdays are so close, but my parents have always made a bigger deal out of his." She frowned, just like I had expected her to. "Hey, don't worry about it. I've gotten used to it."

"It doesn't make it right," she said softly.

I turned my head to look at her, her blue eyes were soft like her hand. I've never been looked at with so much kindness before. It really made me want to pull over and kiss the living hell out of her right then, but I knew we had things to do. Besides, we had all the time in the world to kiss. I had plenty of time to kiss her later.

"CISCO!" Her voice always brought me back down to Earth, back to reality. Except I wasn't prepared for what reality was throwing at us right now.

There was something in the middle of the highway and I knew, if I slammed down on the brakes, I still wouldn't be able to avoid it. Out of fear, I let go of the steering wheel. Why did I always ruin things? If only I had kept my eyes on the road. I'm sorry, Leah. The sound of her scream would be the last thing I would hear and it struck the deepest of my fears. Please, let her be okay. Please, don't harm her. I didn't have time to shut my eyes.

I watched as the brake petal hit the floor, hard. The car came to such a hard halt that Leah and I were thrown forward. The seatbelt around my waist dug into my hips and my head smacked hard against the wheel. I heard Leah grunt beside me and I looked up to see what had happened, holding my throbbing head in one of my hands.

The car stopped and shut down right in front of a tall brunette. She stood there and stared at us with wide eyes. What the hell was she doing in the middle of the road?! I looked down at the brake petal again... And how the hell did the car stop?! No, it didn't just stop, it hit the brakes on its own and then turned itself off. My car isn't that cool!