13. Love, Selfish Love

Patrick's POV

I've never been happier in my life. My best friend is going to be here soon and I need to go pick him up at the airport. Peter is also coming to give Andy and Joe a welcome.

The only thing that is uncomfortable, is that Pete wanted to tag along. He said he was bored at home and wanted to get some fresh air. Which I don't believe is a total lie, he has been staring at me all this time. With that stupid smile of his.

As we parked the car Peter yet again received another phone call from work. "Sorry... Why don't you and Pete go on."

As much as I wanted to say id wait. Andy's plane was arriving soon and I really want to see him. I nodded and stepped out of the car, Pete following in the process.

"Wow, I didn't think we would have some time alone, babycakes."

"Don't call me that Pete. Besides we are not alone, there are people everywhere so please keep up appearances."

"I have all this time, your the only reason why I haven't told anyone about my feelings for you. I notice you have been avoiding me, I don't understand why? It was only a kiss remember?"

"A kiss that should have never happened. Thanks to you I'm confused and not sure if I want to marry Peter anymore."

He chucked, "Patrick you don't know how happy you'd made me feel right now. Peter is a great guy, but he is a workaholic. He'll never have time for you like I would. I'd give up everything just to have you with me."

"Pete stop playing with me..."

"I'm not lying Patrick, I never thought I could love someone like this." As we went inside Pete grabbed me from the arm and dragged me to a different direction.

"Pete what are you doing?!"

He pushed me into a wall and placed his hands on the side of my face. "I want to show you how much I love you."

This feeling. It was coming back again like the first time I actually kissed him back. The way his lips worked perfectly with mine.

He placed his forehead against mine a hummed a small tune. "Now this will be more then a kiss. Patrick I don't want you to let him kiss you here anymore..." he traced my lips with his thumb. "These lips are now mine..."

My heart was racing, I think it was because of what he just said or the feeling of getting caught.

"Pete, I don't want to like you. But if you keep doing things like this it is going to be impossible to forget you."

"That's what I want Patrick..." he kissed me once more before backing away. "If you want we could continue later, although it will be a little more difficult with guest staying over."

I didn't answer, but I know he knew the answer. I walked back to the other direction finally ready to see Andy and Joe again. More then ever I just needed my friends.

Thank you to everyone that has been reading this story so far. And thank you for letting me celebrate another Birthday on Wattpad. 😁