Chapter 13

Peridot could feel herself slowly drifting off to sleep as she curled up on the armchair. Lapis was knelt beside the TV, quietly going through the films placed in a small cupboard underneath it. Peridot stared at her from under her nest of blankets. Maybe watching a film wasn't the best idea; her head was still throbbing and she couldn't move without feeling a jolt of pain run through her body. Only half of this was Jaspers fault. The other half was probably the way Peridot took care of herself. Usually, she stayed up until early morning playing video games until she passed out. Then, arriving at school at least half an hour before the bell went. Not to mention that her diet consisted of mostly junk food and caffeine.

Lapis standing up and walking over to her holding a case in her hand brought the blonde out of her daydream. Peridot blinked before looking up at Lapis and then to the case she was holding in her hand. It was a Disney movie. This was very like Lapis. But, Peridot wasn't complaining, she had practically grew up on Disney films. This film in particular caught her eyes and a small smile grew on her face.

"You like?" Lapis was grinning, opening the case to carefully take out the disk and place it in the DVD player. She handed Peridot the remote and instructed her to start the film.

Slightly giddy, Peridot nodded at lapis' question and pressed a few buttons on the remote before the title screen for 'The Lion King' came up on the large flat screen TV.

Before starting the film, Peridot looked over to Lapis again, clearing her throat to gain her attention. Lapis stared at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Can you grab my medicine, its in the kitchen" Peridot began "and a mountain dew. You can pick some stuff for yourself as well".

Lapis nodded and went off in the direction Peridot was pointing to. Her kitchen was very tidy and so white it was almost blinding. After a couple of seconds, the bluenette emerged carrying her pills, two bottles of mountain dew and some popcorn in two small bowls. She handed half the food and the pills over to Peridot before taking a seat on the couch and practically sprawling out into a 'draw me like one of your French girls' pose.

Peridot snickered, swallowing the pills with a big gulp of mountain dew and starting the movie.

- - -

Around halfway through the movie, Peridot was on the verge of falling asleep. She had eaten all her refreshments and by the looks of it, so had Lapis. Now she was laying in her armchair, blanket pulled up to her chin. She still didn't have glasses so the TV was blurry and hurt her eyes a bit but the movie was still enjoyable. Especially when Lapis had started crying. Peridot had stumbled over to her for an awkward hug but then went back to her seat when Lapis pulled away. She felt somewhat hurt by the fact she nearly pushed the smaller girl off of her own couch.

But, here she was, practically asleep while her new friend sat near her, quietly watching the film. Lapis hadn't said a word since the movie began, except for a small watery thanks when Peridot hugged her and to complain when she had finished her food. Peridot had told her she could get more but she didn't leave her spot.

Of course the blonde had just shrugged it off as Lapis not wanting to come off as greedy or rude but she honestly didn't mind.

By the end credits of the film, Peridot was fast asleep, snoring softly to herself, still tangled in her blankets. It was only then did Lapis look up from the TV, standing up and stretching. Sitting in the same position for hours did make your limbs ache. In a weird way.

"What now, 'dot?" Lapis frowned once she got no reply. Not even a grumble from the smaller girl to not call her that. Instead, her answer was the steady breathing of the sleeping girl.

With a smirk, Lapis stood over Peridot, hands on hips. She didn't know what to do. Leave or stay? Staying would just be weird so she figured to just leave the blonde to get some well needed rest.

Cleaning up the mess of empty packets and bottles, and some stray popcorn here and there, Lapis concluded that it would be only fair if she did Peridot a favour and took her to her room, as a bed is much more comfortable than a tiny armchair. Peridot was just lucky she was small enough the lay comfortably on it.

Picking her up bridal style, Lapis walked up to the second floor of the house and looked down the corridor. There were three rooms and a bathroom placed at the end. One of the doors was slightly ajar. Lapis peered in, seeing a single bed in an almost empty room. The walls were white, the bedsheets were white. The only thing that wasn't white was the cream carpet that looked like it hadn't been touched in years. Lapis had concluded that this must be some sort of guest room.

The second room was locked. She guessed it must be her parents room, that or Peridot had a key for the door. Deciding not to pat peridot down on hopes of said key, she moved to the third room. The door opened when she tried the handle and as she stepped inside, was instantly hit by the smell of doritos and something else Lapis could quite catch.

Looking around, the walls were painted a pastel green and there was a double bed in the corner, riddled with Pokemon plushies that lined the side. The bedsheets were a darker green with little yellow diamonds printed onto them. A few blankets lay strewn on top with video game logos on them. This was definitely Peridot's room. She dropped the blonde onto her bed and wrapped her in a blanket before observing the room more.

Adjacent to the bed was an Xbox and above that, a TV. A few games sat beside it, none that particularly caught Lapis' attention. Next to that was a desk,painted black with a few sheets of paper, folders and a laptop placed upon it. The laptop was open on a word document and with further inspection, it seemed to be a tech assignment. Nothing Lapis would understand.

On the other side of the room was a wardrobe and a set of drawers. Though it looked like none of the clothes were actually in them, more like scattered on top or beside her bed. She spotted a few flannels and graphic t-shirts that she'd seen Peridot wear before. It made her smile. Peridots rooms was unlike the rest of the house. It was horrifically messy with stray wrappers, bottles and clothes strewn randomly around the place and the smell wasn't that pleasant either.

But nonetheless, it still reminded the blue hared girl of Peridot. Glancing fondly at the sleeping blonde once more, she quietly shut the door and left the house, walking back with a large smile on her face.

(Edited)