Chapter Eleven: The Aftermath

Jason

Standing on the balcony overlooking the ocean and the rocks below, a blissful sea breeze flourished the ends of the bedsheet as I smiled to myself and enjoyed the warmth from the sun. Looking back on the last few days, I was stunned to see how much I've changed since being here with Lucifer. I know that in the beginning I was a pain the ass. Scared to be taken away from my parents with the possibility of never seeing them again. But when I arrived in Los Angeles. It was like something inside of me changed overnight about the way I felt towards the man who took me from home.

Running my fingers through my hair, I turned away and walked back into the bedroom as I headed for the bathroom, the bedsheet falling to the floor. Shutting the door, I flipped on the light as I stared at myself in the mirror. Hair that needed to be washed and a body that needed to be cleaned, I went to the shower door and turned on the valve. Placing my head under the gentle spray, I waited until the water was hot enough before I stepped inside and sighed with content. A bottle of bodywash that smelled exactly like what Lucifer was wearing on a daily basis, my mind making the connection between the two, that I realized that it was the soap.

I grabbed a sponge off the hook from the nearby wall and lathered it up with soap. It cleaned my skin nicely as I washed my body from top to bottom. Then I washed my hair thoroughly and rinsed until I shut off the water, opening the glass door and pulling the towel free from the self-heated rack next to the shower. I dried off and wrapped the towel around my waist as I headed for the sink and brushed my teeth. When I was finished, I emerged out into the bedroom, nearly tripping over the crumpled up bedsheet lying there on the floor as I picked it up and threw it back on the bed.

Sitting on a small bench at the foot of the bed were my designer bags from my previous shopping spree the day before. Clothes, shoes and boots with accessories to match, filled the bags as I pulled out the boxes and flipped off the tops. Expensive material went into making these various articles of clothing as I pulled out a nice black shirt by John Varvatos and pair of dark indigo jeans that seemed to go well with this style. Then I slipped into my new boots with the buckles that went up the sides before heading out the door. Damn, I looked good.

Walking into the kitchen, I noticed the half-empty coffee pot as I grabbed myself a mug and screwed on the top before starting off on my busy day. But before I could dump out the pot and rinse out the remains, the phone sitting on the end table in the living room started to ring as I dried my hands and left to go answer it. The caller ID read: Morningstar Enterprises. As the phone continued to ring, I debated whether or not I should let it go and let the answering machine get it or suck it up and answer and take a message. Throwing caution to the wind, I bit my bottom lip as I sucked up the courage and pressed talk just as the answering machine kicked in.

"Hello?"

"I'm sorry," said a female voice. "I must have the wrong number."

"Is this about, Lucifer?"

"Yes?" Confusion filled her voice. "Who is this?"

"I'm Jason. Lucifer's personal assistant." I groaned silently. "How can I help you?"

"Is Lucifer still there? He hasn't shown up to work yet."

"Uh, I'm pretty certain that he's on his way. Who shall I say is calling?"

"Melanie."

"Well, Melanie, it's nice to meet you. But I don't know what else to tell you. But let me tell you this, why don't I give you my cell number and if Lucifer doesn't show up, call me again and I'll make sure to get in touch with him personally."

A faint scuffling sound could be heard in the background as if Melanie was trying to find a pen. "Okay. I'm ready."

Once the number was given and read back to me confirming the exact digits, I hung up the phone and returned it to the charging station as a sense of worry washed over me. Strange, I thought to myself as I picked up my mug off the coffee table and headed downstairs to the garage. My corvette gleamed in the light as I slide into the driver seat and pushed start the engine. Rolling out onto the street, I hung a left, checked the clock on the dash and pulled out my phone as it automatically connected to the car's onboard Bluetooth radio.

Music bumped through the speakers as I eased onto the expressway and opened the throttle. The rich, black leather seating was comfortable and it molded to fit my body as I sank further back until my head hit the headrest. When I passed the welcome sign that said: You are now entering city limits. I lowered my speed at an acceptable rate and cruised on into town. Traffic was starting to pile up by the time the first tall buildings came into view. When suddenly, I came to a stop almost nearly slamming into the piece of shit in front of me.

As I looked around to see what the problem was, people starting getting out of their cars as they left them where they were and started walking down the street in drones. What the hell was going on here? I shut off the engine and followed, making a dash for the sidewalk as voices could be heard from almost three blocks away. I made my way through the dense crowd when I arrived as the smell of smoke wrinkled my nose. Popping out in front, my heart caved inside my chest as I took in the horrific scene that lay before me.

It was like something out of an action movie. Pieces of shattered glass, damaged metal and ferocious flames shot into the sky as yellow type cordoned off the area. Police were telling everyone stay back as reporters and camera crews tried to catch a glimpse of the fiery crash. Firemen went straight to work putting out the flames as I tried to make my way through the crowd in hopes of getting a better glimpse of the car that was wedged underneath the dump truck. When the flames died down and the smoke began to clear after a while, I nearly screamed when I saw the badly burned corpse still sitting in the driver seat. Oh, my God! Please don't let that be Lucifer.

Author's Note: Hello my lovelies. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry if its short. But the next will be longer. I promise :-) And remember to Vote, Comment and Follow for more future updates.