Chapter Fifteen: World Traveler

Jason

By morning, Lucifer still hadn't returned home. No call, no text, no message on the answering machine. I didn't want to seem like a total bitch again after I attempted to tear him a new one a few days ago, when I thought he might've died. Turning over in my sleep, I open my eyes to the light from the impending sun as it creeps over the top of the balcony that overlooks the Pacific Ocean. The long, white sheer drapes billow in the soft breeze as I throw the covers off my body and plant both feet on the floor.

An old dress shirt of Lucifer's lingers by my feet as I pick it up and slip it on across my shoulders. Sure it might've been too big for me, but I liked it that way, and it smelled like him too. Running my fingers through my hair, I yawned and went to the bathroom to do my morning business followed by a quick shower. Afterwards, I brushed my teeth and left the bedroom, closing the door behind me as I walked across the catwalk and headed downstairs towards the kitchen. The urge for coffee was definitely on my list of things to do this morning before doing anything else.

Three minutes and one batch of steaming black liquid later, I was enjoy my red mug of dark aroma goodness. Looking out in the living room, a dark shadow moved from right to left as I frowned, set down my mug and moved to the front of the house to investigate. The electronic gate opened as an Aston Martin cruised leisurely down the driveway before coming to a stop next to a row of classic, erotic sportscars. The engine shut off as the door popped opened and outside Lucifer wearing his iconic suit, dark sunglasses and carrying an attache case.

Damn him and sexiness. The man could be walking around the house totally naked and still look hot. I slipped away from the window and went back to kitchen, grabbing my coffee mug off the counter just as the front door opened and closed. The sound of his footsteps got louder as he entered the room and took off his sunglasses. I took another sip from my mug as I pretended to ignore him, the two top buttons of shirt were left open revealing just a glimpse of what actually laid beneath all that buttoned exterior.

"Hey beautiful," he said, coming over to kiss my cheek. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. Can't say the same for you though."

"What are you talking about?"

"You never came home last night. You didn't call. You didn't text. You didn't leave a message. Where were you?"

"Oh, shit. I'm sorry, babe. I completely forgot to mention to you yesterday, that I was going to an all night poker game that was being hosted by a long time friend of mine."

"You still could've called."

"I know," he said, coming up to me and setting down my mug, pulling me into his arms as he kissed me. "But I'm here now. Let me make it up to you."

"Lucifer, wait." I moaned.

"Wasting time talking," he growled softly as he lifted me up on the counter. "I love it when you wear my shirts and nothing else. It's really quite a turn on."

Pushing me down against the smooth, granite counter. Lucifer spread my legs wider as he stood between them, his hands running across my chest as he kissed my neck, my chest and took my nipple in his mouth. My frustration went completely out the window as I lay there like a piece of raw meat waiting to be consumed by the belly of the beast. My body acted on its own as it jolted and I moaned again, his lips delicately brushing against the flat, toned surface of my stomach as he breathed in my scent and stroked my shaft.

"I love the way your body portrays you. It's so affascinante"

I nearly melted into a puddle when he spoke the last word in Italian. Could he be anymore charming, if not devilishly handsome? Pushing against his shoulders I strained to sit myself up as he stopped and looked up at me with a bit of confusion.