Chapter Nineteen: A Surprise Visit

Jason

After a very eventful day of exploring everything that Rome had to offer, the girls decided that they wanted to clubbing. I, however, tried to talk my way out of it but it was useless. As I returned to my room on the fourth floor by inserting the keycard into the magnetic slot and turning the handle. I got an overwhelming sense that something was in the room with me. A familiar scent lofted into the room via the French doors that looked out onto the balcony as I sniffed the air and caught the faint wisp of cigar smoke.

The other scent came from a cologne bottle, one that I'd smelled too many times before and while I know only one man on this earth who wears it, there's no way I could be wrong. Lucifer. He's coming to see me. My heart jumped in my chest when the air around me returned to normal. How strange, I thought to myself, I could almost feel him standing behind me. It took me a while to get over it as I took a shower and brushed my teeth. Afterwards, I emerged and walked over to the foot of the bed, pulling out my suitcase in search of clothes that were club appropriate.

Seconds turned into minutes as the minutes quickly turned into hours. When I was finally dressed in skin-tight jeans, a black V-neck T-shirt, a leather jacket and calf-size boots complete with buckles that ran up the sides. I convinced myself that I was ready for a fun night out on the town with my friends. I grabbed my cell phone off the nightstand and slipped it into the backpocket of my jeans as I did the same thing with the room's keycard. Prior to getting ready for tonight's festivities, I remembered that the girls wanted to meet backup again down in the lobby.

So off I went. Such a short walk from my room to the elevators that it was only just a skip, a hop and a jump away right from my door. Inside, Italian music began to play as I pushed the button L for lobby and waited until the doors closed before staring at my own reflection. Not bad, not bad I thought to myself, very biker chic. So I went along with it, no time to change now. As the elevator car thudded to a halt and the doors opened once again, a chill ran down my spine as I shivered and braced myself against the wall for support.

Jason. A mysterious voice called out to me as the image of a man appeared. The image was there one minute and gone the next, a glimpse. That's all I got. But what I did notice was that he's middle aged and rugged with just a touch of gray at the temple. The mental image of his face effected me in a way I never thought possible. The hair on the back of my neck stood up on end as I took a deep breath and calmed my beating heart. Who is he? I thought to myself as I willed my legs to move and turn the corner as I saw my friends sitting in the lobby.

 Who is he? I thought to myself as I willed my legs to move and turn the corner as I saw my friends sitting in the lobby

Bree was the first to notice me. "Hey, Jason, are you okay?" She asks. "You look like you've just seen a ghost."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Nothing to worry about. Are we all ready to go?"

"Not quite," Alyson says, playing with her hair. "We're still waiting on, Alice. No doubt, she's trying to find some unsuspecting arm candy to take with us."