Chapter 17| First Date

Brent and I had to post-pone our first date since I had to go to Emily's funeral.

He said it was okay and that he understood.

So today is the day that it was post-poned to.

He told me it was casual and we will do a lot of walking and that's it. We're also going to swim too. I made sure to pack a dress so I could change after we swim.

Nothing more nothing less.

I pull on some dark skinny jeans and a grey cropped sweater.

I find a pair of black Uggs and slide them on.

I decide of flat ironing my hair and I put it into a waterfall braid.

A knock sounds on my door as I stand up from my vanity chair and go over to my phone.

"Yeah?" I ask the person on the other side of the door.

"It's Thomas" he says.

"Come in" I tell him as I sit on my bed and bend my knee to rest my ankle under my other knee.

The door opens and Thomas slides in. "Look I realize I may have gone a little overboard with the whole 'over protective brother' thing" he starts off as he makes his way to sit next to me on my bed.

"You think? I basically have stalkers" I deadpan.

"I'm sorry. Just, I've been worried about you. Trust me I know guys and how their stupid minds work. When I first heard about you talking to this guy and how you were blushing I told them to keep an eye on you. I didn't even know how they were doing it and I realize now how stupid it was. You can take care of yourself and I told them to stop" he sighs "I'm sorry."

I look at him and see his genuine and worried expression.

"I forgive you, just don't ever do that again" I tell him.

"I promise" he says and we hug.

I'm actually really relieved about this. I understand why he did it, if it were me I would probably do it. I'm just glad it's all over and I don't have to worry about my creepy stalkers.

I feel a buzz and hear a chime and I unlock my phone and view my messages.

Brent: Heads up. I'm leaving now, b there in 10

Alexandra: Kay :)

"He's on his way to pick me up so scoot" I push my scowling brother out of my room and I lay back on the headboard of my bed.

I decide on playing Color Switch. It's a highly addictive app and I think I'm obsessed.

I start playing games and I'm becoming frustrated every time I die.

I'm about to pass my high score until I hit the wrong stupid color and I die. I growl and someone chuckles.

I snap my head up to see Brent standing in my doorway.

"You're cute when you're frustrated" he chuckles. I feel my cheeks heat up and I turn off my phone.

"How long have you been there?" I ask nervously. "Too long" he says in a joking way but there's pink at his cheeks and I think he was actually there too long.

I look at him suspiciously and his cheeks blush even more. Yup, he definitely was staring.

"What?" he asks innocently blushing a deep red now. "Can't blame me if you're cute" he murmurs. I don't think he even realized I heard him.

I giggle at how nice and cute he's being.

I grab his wrist and pull him downstairs.

I look both ways before ushering him out the door. If my brothers ask where we're going we would be bombarded with questions that we really would end up growing old together.