Chapter 22| Oh The Irony

(Alexandra's costume above- Little red riding hood)

"Hey Brent" I greet him as I match my pace with his.

"Hey Lexi" he says back. "I never got to ask you, what's your Halloween costume?" I ask him curiously.

He thinks for a second and then answers "you'll find out soon enough."

I swat his shoulder. "Please tell me! Please!" I whine. He chuckles and wraps his arm around my shoulder. Jake walks up to me a Brent and stops in front of us.

"Party. My house. Tonight. Be there at 9." He says. I nod and he walks away as fast as he came.

"You coming?" I ask Brent. "Sure" he says casually.

The bell rings and we separate into our classes.

~~~~~~

I carefully apply the red lip tint on my lips and add some winged eyeliner topped off with mascara and a grey smokey eye.

I rarely wear makeup, but since it's Halloween I'm making an exception.

I add the red cape over my dress, I also rarely ever wear dresses, but yet again, it's Halloween.

A knock sounds on my bedroom door and I yell for them to enter. The door enters with Brent and Chad on the other side. Jaws drop and eyes gawk over me. I smirk at their shocked faces.

I look over their costumes. Chad's wearing a black leather jacket and some black jeans, his hair styled as usual. I noticed how he's wearing red contacts and some fangs. He must be a vampire.

(Chad's contacts above)

I look over at Brent who's wearing a white ripped v neck t-shirt, and some black jeans. He's wearing some tangerine looking contacts and his hair is styled to look messy with bottom and top fangs.

 He's wearing some tangerine looking contacts and his hair is styled to look messy with bottom and top fangs

(Brent's contacts above)

Is Brent.. a wolf? Oh the irony.

"Are you a wolf?" I ask Brent. He nods. "I got my costume a few days before you" he tells me.

So technically this is some couples costume. Little red riding hood and the wolf.

I nod and slip on my red pumps. I also never wear heels but yet again it's Halloween. Time to be a different person.

I walk past them and they follow after me as I go downstairs.

We walk out and walk to the party since Jake's house is a walking distance from my house.

The sound of music is heard from outside the house and the door swings open and Jake appears.

"Hey guys!" Jake says letting us in.

We enter the party and already there are almost 100 people in here.

Some were playing so games and the rest were going wild on the dance floor. Not to mention that almost everyone was acting a little off which only means one thing. Alcohol.

Jake obviously didn't supply it, but someone did. Typical teenagers.

Crazy colours flash everywhere with feathers and glitter. There were the funny costumes like a banana or a taco, the inappropriate outfits including the sexy cop and the short nurse dress. There was the normal costumes and the rare homemade costumes like a phone or a black cat.

Halloween music pounding in the background while Jake's house was decorated with black and orange decorations.

Chad split off and headed to hang out with a few jocks, which includes Will and Josh.

A girl with curled black hair and bright green eyes stumbles and giggles before falling straight onto Brent.

How did she fall onto Brent when she was in front of me? Desperation and alcohol, that's how.

She giggles as Brent puts her away at arms length. "Thanks!" she screams over the music in a bubbly voice.

Kill me now.

I sigh and roll my eyes as Brent is oblivious to her flirting.

She twirls a piece of hair on her finger and she purposely fall again pretending to loose her footing in what seems to be some 4 inch heels. Like really?

He purses his lips and nods getting her off of his chest directly where one of the rips in his shirt was. She doesn't just stop there though, she decides on placing a hand of his chest and he winces in disgust, finally realizing what she was doing.

He pushes her away gently, and walks away pulling my wrist.

We stop on the dance floor and he smiles once he sees me again.

"My dear red riding hood, shall we dance" he asks in a posh voice holding out his hand.

"We shall dear wolf" I say with a posh voice gently putting my hand on his.

Monster Mash comes on and we end up dancing some really funny dance moves that looks copied off of Just Dance.

For hours after that we just have a good time. We don't drink, I didn't think Brent wanted to get drunk and neither did I.

When I'm drunk, I'm one of those people who likes to dance on tables and I am brutally honest and sometimes that's not a good thing. It was my first high school party and I never ever drank again. The video and pictures that my friends took to tease me were mortifying.

I'm just glad that nobody ever saw those pictures or videos, my friends were kind enough to delete them afterwards managing to never let anyone else see them.

Around 12 am I was getting a little bored of the same scene so I told Brent that I wanted to leave.

He wanted to look for Chad so I let him while I wait at the front door.

He comes back with a loopy Chad following him.

We walk back to my house, and I make sure to hide Chad since if anyone sees them that will be my last party until I'm 50.

Chad takes a nap in the guest room so Brent follows me into my room while I take off all my makeup and heels leaving me in just my dress. Brent goes and takes out his contacts and putting them in a portable case.

He takes off his shoes and plops down on my bed. I sit next to him and lay back on my bed tired.

I don't realize how tired I am until my head hits my pillow. My eyes close on instinct unable to open then I fall into a comforting sleep.