Chapter 40| Gold

Not Edited.

-

I'm not the kind of person to back down, so I waited a couple of practices to see if Mr. 'sexist' Jones would let me play, and yet I still haven't even played.

I suggested so many times for him to let me play, but none have worked. After a while, I asked Brent to watch practice and see if he could film me proving that I don't do anything. I didn't think my evidence would do much until Brent got to watch practice from the field, and he caught a wonderful all on camera.

It's gold.

Since Mr. Jones was talking to Brent earlier, he let him stay on the field to watch practice. Giving Brent a quick peck on the cheek, I walked over to the huddle like usual and Mr. Jones began to speak.

"So guys, you can start warmup and I'll be there shortly," he said. Knowing what he meant, a frown grew on my face as I stayed put and turned to Mr. Jones.

"Look, I know you want to play, but it's not gonna happen. You're a girl, and girls can't play sports, so get over it. I'm doing this to keep my fucking job and have our team actually win this year. You will not ask to play, ever and if I hear any of it, I can have an excuse written up so I can kick you off the team while keeping my job. What I want is either for you to quit the team, or to fucking get off my back for such a stupid idea. You hear me, you stupid fucking girl," he spat at me getting louder and louder as his anger rose in him.

I fought the urge to punch him into oblivion.

I  keep a straight face, nodded and walked away to begin the laps he always makes me do. At least I've become a better runner, but still. I came here for lacrosse, not track and field.

After that practice, Brent told me he had caught it all on film with faint audio. He felt bad though, which is why I haven't talked about it all that much.

Brent only checked the film afterward, but while it had happened he had only propped his phone up because he was working on editing something for school. He kept telling me how he should've stepped in and stopped Mr. Jons from speaking to me that way.

Feeling bad about having Brent filming this stuff and how sad he's gotten over Mr. Jones, I decided to plan something.

Just a small little date for us. We normally hang out in groups with all our other friends, but I thought we could hang out with just us.

I have everything planned and I'm excited, which Brent has been confused about lately. I haven't told him about the date because I wanted it to be a surprise.

Closing my locker, I frown. I haven't seen Brent at all yet, and it's lunch.

Grabbing my phone I send him a quick text.

Lexi: Hey, you sick?

Brent: Yeah

Lexi: I can swing by after school if you want?

Brent: No, don't do that, it's fine, I'll be there tomorrow

Lexi: Are you sure??

Brent: Yeah

Lexi: Okay, I'll send you the homework

Brent: Thanks

Lexi: Np, love you

Brent: Love you too

Knowing he said he was sick, I still feel like he was acting different. I hope he's okay.

~~~~~~

A/N: LISTEN I'M SO SORRY 

I haven't updated in... (checking) oh god almost a full year

So... How are yall? Please don't murder me.

I was busy all summer and going in and out of the country I had no time to actually sit down and write, and it sucked when I had so many ideas but couldn't write any ideas.

I'm finally out of school for the summer and since I don't have work on the weekends I should be able to start writing again this summer. I mean I don't know for how long since my grandmother is ill I might have to go to America, but I'm really gonna try to write. I'm also trying not to fail my classes while taking extra classes because I'm dumb and thought taking some extra language courses could be fun. (hint: it's fun until I have 7 hours of school and 5 hours of homework and 3 hours of dance 7 days a week- but at least I'm gonna get out of school being fluent in multiple languages)

AnYwAy, my PMs are full of people telling me to update and so are the comments on this book. I deeply apologize for making it such a long wait. I also know this chapter is quite short, but I'm already working on the next chapter once this goes up.

ALSO, I'M NOT ABOUT TO UPDATE AND NOT ADDRESS THE FACT THAT THIS BOOK HAVE OVER 120K VIEWS

like wow okay that's a lot and uhm thanks I know I really don't deserve that, but I hope everyone is enjoying this book (*cOUGH PROBABLY NOT BECAUSE I'M SLOW)

Anyway, I love you guys and thanks for the support and for continuously yelling at me to update haha

(if you haven't been reading my update posts I also have changed my name so please refer to me as River from now on, I'm way too lazy to change every chapter ending to River)

See you guys in the next chapter !!

-River