Hide 'n Seek (12)

"WALLY SHUT UP!" I snapped, silencing everyone in the room. 

"Whoa, calm down, I'll stop asking." Wally said nervously, holding his hands up in the air as he backed away. 

"That was a little uncalled for." Kaldur told me, and yes it was. I agree with him.

"I know, and I'm sorry. But I am really high strung right now with all that's happening." I sighed, rubbing my temples and my top lip a bit, massaging my gums because my fangs were making my gums ache. 

"Well how about a game to ease our stress, we've all been running about all of last night." Zatanna suggested. Apparently they went on another mission while Nightwing and I were on ours. 

"Wait, how did you know my real name?" Wally asked, looking at me questioningly. I didn't answer, instead I tapped my nose and smirked. "That doesn't answer anything." Wally pouted.

"She recognizes your scent, doofus." Artemis told him.

"How would she-" Before Wally could finish, Artemis cut him off.

"God, you're such an idiot sometimes. It means she knew us before joining the team. She knows us in our double life." She groaned. 

"Oh, I was thinking that." Wally lied, crossing his arms. 

"Hey, I was wondering," Megan brought my attention to her, "Are your eyes naturally red or?"

"No, they aren't." I answered her.

"So an illusion?" She questioned.

"No, these are my vampire eyes, they let me see in the dark and see things in finer detail." I told her. Then, I turn my attention to the group as a whole, "So, what game are we gonna play?"

"Hide and seek?" Tim suggested. 

"Isn't that a little unfair? Some of us have powers and all." I said.

"Oh, when we play hide and seek, we aren't allowed to use our powers." Zatanna told me. 

"Ah, well I'm down. I'll just plug my nose and ears." I said. Soon, everyone else agreed to play hide and seek. We were about to start, but then Dick came in. "Join us." I smiled, earning a slight glare from him. Oh, I still haven't told him about my uncle yet. Oh well, he didn't bring it up or anything. 

"What are you guys doing?" He asked, looking at me for an answer. 

"Hide and seek." I answered.

"Who's it?" He asked, crossing his arms. All of us, besides Dick, looked at each other before grinning at him. 

"You!" All of us shouted, pointing at Dick.

"I regret asking," he grumbled before he started counting. 

All of us took off, finding a spot to hide. I wanted to hide in the lake, but Kaldur kicked me out, then I tried to hide in one of the rooms, only to be kicked out by Conner. The beds didn't have an underside, so can't hide there. The cabinet under the sink was occupied by Artemis, the bay has no place to hide. Wally hid in the medical room, and I don't know about the others. 

"5. 4. 3." 'FRACK FRACK FRACK!' I started to panic when I heard how close he was to zero. 'Fuck it.' I thought, hiding behind the opened drapes. 'God I'm such an idiot! He's going to find me so easily! Why did I pick this place? Stupid me.' I started to slow my breathing down, and calmed my myself. "Where ever you are! I'm coming!" He announced before I heard his footsteps.

I started to calm down a lot more when I heard his footsteps disappear. Although, I knew it was to good to be true. My heart started racing when I heard his footsteps loud and clear, coming towards my direction. 'Damn it! I knew I should have tried to fight Wally for that spot in the med room.' I thought as I prayed for him to not find me yet.