Break Out (13)

Key:

'...Thinking...'

"... Talking..."

'.... Communicating telepathically...'

"... Talking through communicator(s)..."

______________________________________________

"You have got to be crapping me." I groaned when I saw the news. No, I wasn't watching it per say, it just popped up. It was one of those breaking news things that pop on like every channel. 

"Oh no." Kaldur's face dropped as well.

"Break news: Belle Reve Penitentiary was broken into last night by an unknown person, nearly all but four of the prisoners are accounted. The four escapees are Harley Quinn, Temptress (made up for later on), Poison Ivy, and Mammoth."

"Why is it so random like that? Those four have like nearly no connection to each other... I smell something fishy..." I said, racking my brains for reasons why it's those four. 

"I agree, there is something strange about those escapee... Besides, how did the person break those villains out? Security has been upped tremendously since the last escape... And like you said, why those four?" Kaldur tossed out.

"We need to capture Quinn first, the nutcase is probably gonna try to bust Joker out." Artemis said.

"I agree, but something about this just doesn't seem right..." I sighed, scratching my head a bit.

"Did you guys see the news?" Nightwing asked as he entered the lounge.

"Who hasn't?" Conner scowled. I swear, one day that boy's face is gonna be stuck like that.

"What took you?" I asked, leaning my head back and looking at him with an innocent look.

"Mixing up a batch of Joker antidote for Quinn, and an antidote for Ivy's poison." He answered, leaning onto the arm rest of the couch that was next to me. "Nightmare, come with me." He said in his 'I'm in charge' voice, making my roll my eyes slightly.

"Demanding much." I giggled mentally.

"Hey, I got an image. Besides, kind of a leader around her." He chuckled back.

"Her? Again? Why not someone else?" Wally whined with a cute frowning face.

"Her and I have to plan." Nightwing told him in a slightly dull tone.

"We can plan too." Wally muttered.

"Come on," Nightwing turned and left to the mission room with me tailing him. "Alright, we're going to track our little escapees with the chip that is inside of them. Then, we come up with a capture plan and the groups." He said, activating the holocomputer. 

"Hey, doesn't it bug you that it was those four that were busted out? I mean, why not some other villains like Joker or Vertigo? Or why not more? And Kaldur brought up a good point about security as well." I wanted to hear his opinion on all this.

"It's been bugging me since the prison ward called Batman this morning. I've been wondering why they didn't bust out the heavier guns or bust out more villains. Also, here," he pulls up some videos, "These are the security footage from the breakout."

My face twisted in confusion as I watched the videos. "What the hell?" This was just unbelievable. Like legit, they just walked out. "Where's security? Where's the staff? How the heck do you-? What?" I was still trying to fathom this. 

"I know right?" Nightwing sighed, ruffling his hair a bit, messing it up. 'Damn, that's hot.' I thought, fighting the urge to run my fingers through his hair. "Batman and Robin have been looking into it more. So, for now, our job is to recapture these villains." He said, pulling up the profiles of the villains. 

"We should have the girls go after Temptress since it seems like her powers have no effect females." I said after reading over Temptress's profile. 

"I was thinking Zatanna and Artemis, the two work very well together. Plus we kinda need Megan to stay with the boys to keep them in check." Nightwing said, putting Temptress's profile aside. "We'll send the rest after Mammoth. Batman and Robin already called Quinn." He said, tossing their profiles aside. 

"So, we get little daisies 'n roses?" I chuckled, expanding Ivy's profile. 

"I wish she was that harmless." Nightwing chuckled. 

"Located our bulldozer." I informed him, potting a red dot on Gotham.

"Don't have to ping the map," he said, bringing up live news footage of Mammoth wrecking the city, "Call the team and send them out first."

"I like it when you take charge." I purred, giving him a wink before taking off. "Hey, everyone to the mission room." I told them, taking them to the room. "Alright, Conner, Kaldur, Wally, and Megan. You guys are gonna go and apprehend Mammoth who is currently rampaging through Gotham as we speak. So, I highly advise you leave now." I told them, giving them the mission profile.

"Oh, now she gets to be in charge as well?" Wally complained with a frown, earning and smack on the head from Artemis. 

"Just shut up and go Wally. I am really not in the mood for your tude." I glared at him. The four said nothing, and took off. Then, I turned my attention to Artemis and Zatanna, "You guys are going to apprehend Temptress once we locate her." I turn to Nightwing, "Anything?"

"Locking in on location," he pauses for a bit as he types some stuff, "Now. Okay, she's at Rhode Island, I'll send the coordinates to your jet." The two gave us a quick nod before taking off. 

"Now, let's go burn some daisies." I smirked, walking up to Nightwing and giving him a kiss on the cheek, making him blush slightly. 

"Just be careful around her, a whiff of her pollen and you're under her control." He warned me.

"Mind over matter darling." I chuckled, heading to the bay with Nightwing. The two of us got onto his motorcycle and he sped off. 'Damn, his abs are nicer than I thought.' I ran my hand and fingers up and down his nice, hard, chocolate abs as I held onto him.

"This is not the time to drool over my delicious abs baby." I herd him chuckle.

"Oh shut up." I grumbled. 'Man, good thing he can't see my red cheeks right now.'

___________________________

:D