Frustration (35)

'.... Thinking....'

"... Talking..."

'.... Communication mentally....'

"... Communicating through coms..."

___________________________________________________________

"Yes, I get it. You told me like at least ten times babe." I sighed in annoyance, rolling my eyes.

"Well sorry for worrying about my girlfriend." Nightwing replied sarcastically.

"Well you know- break in at the jewelry store on Main." I quickly informed the others, not being able to finish my sentence from before.

"On my way." Nightwing replied.

"On my way." Batman replied. 

I landed down on the ground. 'What the fuck...' I could not believe my eyes. No one. No one was at the scene. 'That's impossible! I saw some people break in! And I kept the area in my sight! There's no way they could have escaped without me seeing them!' I thought angrily as I clenched my hands into fists.

"The hell... It's impossible..." I mumbled to myself as I slowly walked around the, now empty, store.

"Did you see the perps?" Nightwing asked when he showed up.

"That's the thing that's bugging the shit out of me... I saw three people, all covered in black clothing, break in. Yet, when I got here, nothing. Nada. It's like they vanished into thin air." I sighed in frustration, running my hand through my hair.

"Maybe you didn't see them escape." Nightwing said.

"I kept the area within my view as I descended, it's impossible for them to leave without me noticing." The fact that Nightwing said nothing, and looked away pissed me off. "What? If something's on your mind then say it." I seethed, glaring at him.

"Well, the fact that you saw them, yet they easily gave you the slip..." Nightwing started, not looking at me still.

"What? Finish." I snarled.

"You're losing your edge." 

"Losing my edge? You think I'm losing my edge?" I chuckled, pointing at myself. "You know what? You have fun figuring out this disappearing act on your own with Batman. Obviously I'm not good enough to stick around an help." I scoffed, walking out of the store, unfolding my wings and taking off. 

"Robbery on 30th." Robin informed over the coms.

"On my way." I replied to him, heading over his way.

"Let me guess, you arrived and no one. No signs of escape, nada." I said as I approached Robin. 

"Yes." He said through gritted teeth. "I don't get it! I saw them break into here! But when I arrived, like 30 seconds later, no one! They couldn't have given me a slip! The only way in and out is through the front!" He seethed, pounding his fist onto the counter. 

'Another jewelry store...' I thought as I looked at the place. I went over to the register and safe box, checking them. 'Money's all here...' Then I looked at the missing jewelry. "Get me the inventory book." I told Robin, making note of the missing items. 

"Got it." Robin said, wiggling his wrist watch in the air. Then, he stopped for a second before taking off to his bike. "Another robbery on 84th." He informed me, speeding off on his cycle. Groaning, I exited the shop and took off to the location. 

"Let me guess, another jewelry shop?" I asked over the com. 

"Yes." Robin replied with a sigh. "Meet me back at the cave, and we'll look over the inventory." He told me.