Away (16)

'Aw man, I'm all sore.' I thought, groaning as I got out of bed. 'Wonder if Dick's okay...' I took a quick shower and changed into a dress.

Once I was done, I went to the lounge, where everyone else was

Once I was done, I went to the lounge, where everyone else was. Well, everyone besides Dick. "Oh come on, not you too." Wally complained, making me raise an eye brow. "Dude, you, Dick, and Tim wear shades. Like honestly, aren't we all buddy buddy here?" He whined.

"When Dick and Tim take their's off, I will take mine off," I chuckled, going over to the fridge and grabbing some donut holes before going to a separate fridge that held blood bags. "How is he?" I asked, directing my question towards Kaldur and Conner.

"He's better... Kind of..." Conner said in a unsure voice as he scratch the back of his head.

"His hormones are still pretty high from when we checked this morning." Kaldur told me.

"Is he getting better at least?" I sighed as I begin to worry about him. I made my way over to the couch, and sat in between Conner and Kaldur.

"Some what, he still needs an antidote for the poison that's in his system. I don't think it's safe for you to see him though... Who knows how he's gonna act when he sees you... Besides, he gets riled up with just Kaldur and I..." Conner sighed, placing a hand on my shoulder, making me feel a little better. 

"It's not his fault, it's the hormones. The testosterone makes it unsafe for us." Kaldur told me.

"If I had been more careful, none of this would be happening. He'd be healthy, up and about, and we'd be out and about." I sighed, munching on the donut holes.

"What did happen last night? It was chaos when you two returned." Artemis asked.

"Long story short, we fought Ivy, she infected him and apparently there's this new pollen that has a new poison, and the poison sky rocketed his hormones so to say. He wants to punch the living lights out of the guys, and wants to have his way with me." I summed up.

"Damn... Well, it is Ivy..." Artemis said, trying to make me feel better.

"I know... But still... I should have covered his back more... I'm pathetic." I sighed, getting up from the couch. "I'm gonna go clear my head." I sighed, putting the remaining donut holes in the fridge, and downing five bags of blood before heading outside. Shrugging my shoulders, I unfolded my wings and took off into the air. 

I took in a deep breath of the fresh air as I flew around. 'Dick?'

'Baby? Is that you? Oh god your voice sounds so angelic even in my head.' Dick replied.

'How are you feeling?' I asked, flying through a cloud.

'All better.' I knew that was a lie.

'You lying to me now?' I chuckled.

'I want to see you so badly. I need you so badly. Baby, please, come see me. I wanna kiss you, and hold you in my arms.' He begged.

'I'm sorry, but that's to risky in your state right now.' I told him.

'Babe, that wasn't me last night.' I can imagine him pouting right about now.

'And this isn't you right now. I was just checking up on you, maybe I'll see you later. Bye babe, I love you.' Then, I cut off the mental link before he can try and guilt me. 

"What's troubling you?" I was a little startled by Hawkwoman who flew next to me.

"Yesterday Nightwing and I went to retrieve Ivy, and she infected him... I feel like it's all my fault, I should have had his back better." I sighed.

"Hey, don't put yourself down. You had to protect yourself as well. Everyone goes through those moments when working in teams, but you just have to remember that you can't do everything while looking out for yourself. It's not your fault that he's like that. Besides, it was Ivy that you were up against. Even Batman and Superman have trouble with her. So, you two did very well considering your experience and such." Hawkwoman comforted me.

"It's just hard not to blame myself..." I started feeling guilty again. '... Maybe I should go visit him, and what ever happens happens... It's because of me that he's like that...' I thought, running my fingers through a passing cloud.

"I know, but it's not your fault." She told me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Now, come on, Batman wants us to retrieve a flower for the antidote." She smiled at me. A small smile made its way to my lips when I heard the word 'antidote' leave her lips.

"Then what are we waiting for." I smirked, flapping my wings and flying faster. The two of us flew for a while before reaching some island. "Wow, so beautiful here." I gasped in awe as I admired the paradise like scenery that seemed like some dream. 

Hawkwoman pulled out a picture of a weird blue and pink flower, "This is what we're looking for." I nodded and engraved the image into my mind. "You cover this side of the island, and I'll take the other. We'll work from the outside in, and meet at the center." She told me, earning a nod from me.

You'd think that a weird looking flower like the one we need would be easy to spot, but noooooooooo.  THIS WHOLE DAMN ISLAND IS COVERED WITH WEIRD ASS FLOWERS!!! It ain't trees and patches of flowers, oh nooooo, it was an island of just flowers beyond the palm trees that lined the field. THIS IS TRICKERY I TELL YOU! TRICKERY! 

"Did I ever tell you how cute you look?" I shuddered at the sound of that voice.

"What do you want? Why can't you just leave me alone?!" I snapped, spinning my body around and facing my uncle.

_____________________________

Love yu peeps :)