Chapter 21 (Wedding Day, Part One)

(All of this is based on my experience with my cousin's wedding, or at least, the first part is... Holy fuck this is a lot of parts. Sorry. Everyone else is in part two of "ask your parents, random college professors, and a lesbian therapist about weddings and hope that the tech guy at school doesn't question the 10,000 wedding related google searches... This wasn't edited much whoops lmao)

Lafayette's P.O.V

"Where is the dress?" Lafayette screeched. They felt like their chest was being squeezed in a vise. Angelica and Peggy were at their side, as Eliza and Maria had gone in search of John, who had gone to get the dress. They still hadn't came back.

"It's okay, they'll be here soon!" Peggy said, resting a hand on Lafayette's shoulder.

"Please, dear, stop pacing." Angelica added. Lafayette heard the door open, and he spun around. John came in holding the dress aloft.

"Got it." He panted. He was out of breath, like he'd ran the whole way back. Eliza and Maria came in next, slightly disheveled.

"Did you look for him at all?" Angelica asked, skeptical.

"Yes?" Eliza answered.

"Nope!" Maria said at the same time. Angelica sighed.

"So, are you going to put on this dress, or what?" John asked.

Surprise, it's Aaron Burr's P.O.V.!

"Hold on, your tie isn't right."

Burr reached for Hercules' tie, and carefully straightened it out.

"There, now your tie is straighter than you are," Burr said. Alexander stifled a giggle from the other side of the room.

"Okay, where's the actual best man?" Hercules asked. He seemed kind of irritated.

"Out." Burr answered. John didn't know that Alexander was here, and since things had apparently ended on an awkward note between those two, Burr was inclined to keep it that way. Burr had been asked by Laurens himself to take over while he did something, and the only reason Alexander was here was because Burr needed a little help.

"Hey, sorry about that, Hercu-" John came in the door, and stopped short.

"Burr, can I speak to you for a second?" John asked, teeth clenched. Burr walked outside.

"I can explain." He started, but John cut him off.

"What the hell were you thinking, Burr? You know I haven't spoken to him after that party two months ago!" John hissed. Has it really been that long since the party?

"I needed help, I've never done this before!" Burr whispered back. John put his hands on his hips.

"You do realize that Thomas Jefferson would've been a better choice than him, right?" He asked.

"Well, I don't really like Thomas Jefferson, so why would I ask him?" Burr countered. John paused, considering Burr's statement.

"Just... maybe take him to make sure everything is ready outside. Something like that." He said, shooing Burr back into the room.

"Alexander, we need to go check outside." He said, grabbing onto Alexander's arm and pulling him out the door. John really owed him for this one.

Hamilton's P. O. V.

"Just tell me. Has John been avoiding me?"

Burr froze. He knew something. Hamilton crossed his arms and squinted at Burr. Burr looked over at him.

"Are you trying to be intimidating?" He asked. Hamilton pouted.

"Yes."

"But, you're like, five two." Burr laughed.

"Am not!" Hamilton yelled, which made Burr laugh harder. Hamilton swatted him on the arm, and he jokingly cried out in pain.

"Just answer my question, sir! Is he avoiding me or not?" Hamilton exclaimed. Burr thought for a second.

"Well, he didn't say that he was." Burr answered. Hamilton sighed. That wasn't exactly the answer he was looking for, and he told Burr so.

"Well, sorry, all I know was that he yelled at me for bringing you here. Something about things being awkward between you guys?" Burr offered.

Oh.

Eliza's P. O. V.

Okay, so we didn't go out to find John, and we might've been making out in the spare room a couple doors down, but was it really that bad? I mean, it is a day about love. Emotion, too, as Lafayette is still in the process of flipping between openly weeping and twirling around euphorically. The giggling and sobbing cycle was getting a little old, and the wedding still hasn't begun.

"Is it three yet?" Maria asked.

"Two forty." Eliza answered, looking at the clock on the far wall. Maria nodded.
"You look nice in the bridesmaid dress, by the way." She said.

"Thanks, you too." Eliza replied. She yawned. Nobody had really gotten much sleep last night, as everyone had met in the coffee shop during John's shift. They'd done some last minute planning, among other things, but they'd mostly just drank coffee and tried not to think about the fact that the two were moving to France after their honeymoon. They'd all promised to visit them, but honestly, plane tickets are too expensive to go anytime soon. At least they were staying a few more days. Eliza hadn't really known the two for very long, but they were nice, and Eliza felt like she could trust them.

The clock struck three. It was time.