Chapter 24 (the chapter where i regret all of my life choices)

(How many hours will I spend screaming at a wall before I remember what the actual plot of this was????????? @ all u people who really wanted to see this: why, and ur welcome ;)

Laurens poured another cup of coffee and slid it over the counter. It was his last day of work before he left the campus for the summer, and the coffee shop was excruciatingly hot. Wiping the sweat off his brow with the back of his hand, he turned around, leaning up against the counter. He turned around when he heard the bell ring.

"John, John!"

"Hey, hot stuff, what's going on?" Laurens said, leaning over the counter.

"I... I heard that you were going home today," Hamilton stutters. Laurens nods.

"Yeah, I'm not looking forward to it, but it's just something that has to be done."

Hamilton hesitates for a moment.

"I have something to tell you," he says finally. Laurens motions for him to speak.

"I'm... I'm moving."

"You're WHAT now?

Laurens is shocked. He stands there, motionless. Hamilton looks away.

"I know this is a bit of a shock, and I'm sorry, but..."

"Will I get to see you again?" Laurens asks, his voice rising. Hamilton leans over the counter and softly kisses him.

"I hope so, John Laurens. I really hope so."

(Writing this particular story thread is getting boring, and I've really hit a dead end. So, I've decided to do something different. See you in the sequel.)