Chapter Thirty Five

It was a week later when things started to change.

Harry had started going into the office more frequently, and he stayed so late that most nights Louis gave up on waiting up for him.

The house had gotten quiet, and it stressed Louis out to no end.

Some days Louis would call Harry's office, only for an assistant to pick up and state that the dominant was busy.

It was a Thursday when Louis met up with Niall to go shopping. It would be the first time he'd seen the boy since the gender reveal party, so he was excited to be able to spend some time with him. Especially since it meant getting out of the house.

When Louis got to the grocery store, he was surprised to see two men get out of a black car that he noticed turned into the plaza behind him.

The two men were wearing khaki shorts and tshirts, large cameras around their necks as they started walking toward Louis.

The submissive paled at the sight, scolding himself for not remembering Harry's past warning about paparazzi, and even his own experiences.

But he didn't understand why they would follow him to the grocery store. It wasn't news worthy whatsoever.

"Lou!" The sub turned at the voice, quickly walking toward Niall who was waiting by the entrance. Niall had a frown on his face as he looked behind Louis at the paparazzi. "What's going on?"

"I have no idea. Maybe its the baby? But I would think that'd be old news by now." Louis sighed, relieved once they entered Trader Joes.

"I don't know." Niall shrugged. "I guess we'll find out sooner or later."

They both got a cart, Louis leaning heavily on it as he walked. His back was killing him, and all he wanted was Harry to rub it for him.

By the time both submissives were finished they were upset to see how busy the store had gotten. They had to wait in line for several minutes, and as they waited they giggled at the headlines on magazines.

Louis' heart dropped, though, when he saw the headline one of the magazine headlines.

Harry Styles running from commitment? Famous CEO seen out several times with known jeweler Kendall Jenner.

"What?" Louis gasped, grabbing the magazine to see a picture of Harry and the woman. Harry had his hand on her lower back, walking her into a restaurant that Harry had taken Louis to not too long ago.

"What is that?" Niall hummed, before gasping and snatching the magazine out of Louis' hand. "There's no way this could be true."

"There's literally a picture right there, Ni." Louis frowned, turning around in line. "I'm just so tired. What does Harry's job have to do with jewelry? Honestly it doesn't make sense. What else could he be doing but...but..."

"Don't finish that sentence." Niall demanded. "We'll get to the bottom of this, Louis. Harry loves you so much, don't think the worst about this. And as far as I know, Kendall is a total sweetheart. I don't think she'd go for a matched man."

"I don't know what to think anymore, Niall."

---

Later that evening Louis didn't bother doing anything but order a pizza. He ate half of it, crying his eyes out as he watched sappy movies on demand, all alone in his home.

When it was nearing 9 o'clock, Louis heard what sounded like the garage door opening. He groaned at the sound, and as quickly as he could, turned off the TV and began to waddle upstairs. He did not want to deal with Harry tonight. Not after what he had seen.

Once Louis reached the bedroom, he could hear the front door opening and closing. He immediately went to his bed, sighing in relief at the comfort he received from the soft padding.

He had ordered a memory foam mat for the bed, because it was recommended for pregnant people. Louis was absolutely in love with it.

Before the submissive could get too caught up in his head, the bedroom door opened, causing Louis closed his eyes immediately. He felt childish as he pretended to be asleep.

"Fuck!" Louis barely held back a flinch at the sudden outburst. "Not again. Fuck, he's even wearing my shirt." Louis' bottom lip wobbled at the exclamation. Why was Harry so upset with him? What was he doing wrong?

Louis heard shuffling noises around the room for a long while, before finally the bed dipped under his weight. He heard the dominant hum appreciatively at the new feel of the bed, and it made Louis smile a bit as he finally fell asleep.

At least he did something right for the man.

dun dun duuuuuuuuuun

I'm going to probably be updating at least two more times by the end of this weekend because I hate conflict and I want this issue over with quickly but enjoy some drama for once my loves xx