Chapter Thirty Seven

"Daddy?" Louis hummed as he searched the house. "Where are you?"

He had a terrible nights sleep, his insomnia getting worse as he now entered the third trimester. But, something that always made it better was the fact that when he finally just couldn't keep his eyes closed any longer, he had Harry there to snuggle with in the morning.

But, that didn't happen today.

"Daddy?" Louis called out again, pouting as he rubbed his belly. It was a Saturday, so he knew the man wasn't at work.

"Coming, baby! Don't take one step down those stairs!" Louis rolled his eyes at the statement, of course he knew not to use the stairs. He wasn't dumb. He couldn't even see his feet anymore.

When Harry appeared, he was dressed in a white button up and black slacks, long hair brushed back. It was getting so long, and Louis was considering asking him if he was planning on cutting it anytime soon.

"Why are you up so early?" Louis questioned as he held onto the bannister, one of Harry's arms wrapped around his waist as they walked down the stairs. "Did something happen?"

"No, princess. Just had a few extra things I needed to get done." He answered briskly, leading him toward the kitchen. "I have a surprise for you today."

Louis perked up at that as he was helped onto a stool at the island, mouth already watering from the blueberry and carrot pancakes sitting in front of him. "You're the best baby daddy in the world." He moaned.

"Thank you princess, I try." He grinned, sitting at the seat next to him. "So after you eat all of those pancakes, we're gonna go for a little drive. Sound good?"

"Okay, sounds good to me." Louis watched his dominant as he walked around the kitchen, texting on his phone. Winnie was jumping around at the mans feet, making the submissive giggle. Winnie loved Harry.

"Winnie, darling, please stop." Louis' face felt like it was going to split in half from his smile caused by Harry's mumbling. He couldn't wait until it was their baby following Harry around.

"HJ was very jumpy last night. I hope his sleep habits aren't that bad when he's born." Louis commented as he shoveled the last of his pancakes into his mouth. "I'm hoping he'll sleep like a log like you do."

"I don't sleep like a log." Harry pouted dramatically, looking the perfect picture of a puppy. "You made that up."

"I didn't make that up." Louis giggled into his hand. "You snore so loud."

"Yeah, well you talk in your sleep." Harry countered. "One time I had a full conversation with you."

"No way!" Louis gasped, throwing his head back as he laughed. "You're lying, daddy."

"Never would I ever lie to you, baby." Harry grinned, pressing a kiss to the smaller boys forehead.

Winnie barked in annoyance, scratching at Harry's pant leg. "What am I gonna do when I have to fight two people for your attention?" Louis joked.

"You'll never have to fight for it. I've got my eyes on you all the time, beautiful."

-

"Daddy, where are we going?" Louis questioned as they drove. It was just the two of them in the car, as it has been lately. Harry explained that he gave Liam a promotion, and that's why he wasn't around the house much any longer.