☆Chapter Four☆

"It's such a shame that we play strangers." Oh, Calamity!, All Time Low

~*~

"Something new?" Calum asked as we jogged. He had agreed to go start going on early runs with me, despite it being 4 in the morning. "I don't know if you know this, but I'm not very good with coming up with names."

"Then you're lucky to have me." I said, barely breathing. My legs and feet ached, but I still fought to keep going.

The scenery around me was breathtaking; it seemed like half of Melbourne was in fall, and the other half was deep in Summer. It didn't feel like Fall just yet. It still felt like Summer somewhat. But Summer had passed by so quickly...as if we only had five seconds of our vacation.

"Urk!" I screamed out, choking on a new idea. I bent down, resting my needs on my sweaty, cold knees. The blood was rushing to my face as the idea bursted and spread throughout my mind.

"I got it," I said, still staring down at the concrete.

Calum, who had then stopped was paying me full attention. Cautiously he asked, "What's up? Are you dying? What do you have?!"

"Shh." I whispered, letting the pieces fall together perfectly. "The name...the name of our band. It shouldn't be Bromance, dude."

I could feel his uneasiness well up inside of him. He wasn't too sure about the name, and said, "Then what should it be?"

"Five...Five Seconds Of Summer."

I waited for their responses, counting every second it took them to think. But I knew that the name was perfect for us. Or who I thought they were. They just had to believe it, too.

"What?" Michael said, a bit skeptical at the beginning. "There's only four of us."

"So? It could still work." Luke said, backing me up. He smiled at me, and flashed a thumbs up. "I like it."

"What about you, Calum? We'll let you decide. Tiebreaker." Michael said with confidence. Michael's hair was no longer a faint pink, but now a sick green. I had heard around that he frequently dyes his hair, and to get used to it. I might as well.

Calum was sitting quietly, strumming a few strings on his guitar. The second he heard his name, he looked up in surprise. "I don't know, and frankly, don't care. Just anything other than Bromance."

I smiled with every ounce of my happiness, not bothering to hide my happiness at that point. "Then I guess, there we have it. We are now Five Seconds Of Summer."

The next day as I walked into the double doors of Hemsin High, I felt as if I had a purpose. I felt like I had a reason to come to school everyday, despite getting an education. I was more comfortable with myself at that point, and wanted to talk out more. Joining a band was the best thing I could have ever done.

Walking down the hallways by myself was always heart retching. I always feared as if random guys would target me in the hallway, shaking me down like the guys back in my hometown. But I had to believe that things would finally be better. They were really going to.

"Hey!" I heard a high pitched female voice yell. I didn't turn around; I haven't talked to a female other than my mother ad girlfriend since I arrived. So I kept my steady pace.

"You!"

Then I finally turned around.

"Yeah, you."

"Yeah?"

"I'm Callie,"

"That's nice." I turned around, and started walking.

"Wait wait wait!" She yelled, spinning me back around. "I think you're really cute."

"Gee, thanks." I said without emotion, now turning to leave. This time she didn't stop me.

It wasn't tempting to give in into any girl at Hemsin; I still was holding onto the one girl that I loved.