♪Chapter Eighteen♪

(Going to update another chapter tomorrow because this one feels unsatisfying)

Forgive this chapter, I know nothing about One Direction or their music, (Because I listen to rock music??) so to all of these people who keep messaging me about it and saying rude things, stop wishing death upon me, you creeps -.- By the way, nobody's life is a fairytale. That doesn't exclude celebrities. Bad things happen to everyone, that's just the truth. We can only live to at least try to correct what has gone wrong.

(For those of you who are wondering why I'm making Ashton's life shit at the moment)

"You know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low." All I Want, A Day To Remember

~*~

"Hey," I said to the guys as I rounded the corner to another part of the school. They all were on their phones, doing whatever normal teenagers our age do. "Are they in there?"

Calum nodded, smiling deviously. "They're in there."

"Hey, watch it." Luke scolded, elbowing Calum right in his stomach. "We already talked about this before."

"...What are they talking about now?" I asked, rolling my eyes at my foolish band mates. "I don't think today is a good day for all of this."

"They're talking about Olivia Washington." Michael chimed in, not taking his eyes off of his phone. He sighed, doing a mini hair flip, saying, "Apparently, she's 'hot' or some shit like that. I don't get it."

Yeah, I knew who they were, a couple of girls who were in my grade, at the top of the school's Journalism department. But had I seen their faces...? Not really...

"Whatever, your woman crush isn't the pressing issue right now anyway."

"Wow, you don't seem like you're in a I-Just-Got-Discovered mood," Michael grinned, ruffing up his hair, which I noticed was now a brilliant purple. "What's going on with you?"

"...My girlfriend, Ca-"

"'Girlfriend'?" Luke smiled, teeth and all. "When did that happen?"

"At lunch, but really, that's not the most important thing."

"Okay, then what is?"

I took one deep breath, and dived right in. "Callie's pregnant."

"Let me get this right... We're about to go jump start our careers, and you're about to be a father?" Michael asked, his eyes bugging out of his head like a chew toy for a dog. At this moment, Michael seemed the most mature instead of Luke.

"Not about to be, we gotta wait nine months for that." I sighed, realizing how much this is going to weigh down Callie and I's plans for the future. "But basically. I have to grow up, and I need to get responsible..."

Calum raised an eyebrow, asking, "Meaning?"

"This music thing has to be able to provide for this little family that's coming together." I answered, doing a hair flip. Soon, I'd say goodbye to all the halls and the classes, and say hello to the bills and the taxes.

"Don't worry, okay? Whatever we can do, we'll do it. We've got your back." Luke said, taking back his role as the mature one. "Look, we'll talk about this later. We really need to get in there and talk to them."

For that moment, I sucked up the pregnancy news, and put on a happy face. I was getting pretty good at doing that, and soon I'd be an expert at it.

The journalism room was crowded, maybe even overcrowded with people. People were scattered everywhere, players were flying about, conversations were being held, and our two main girls sat at a desk high with blank newspapers and two desktop computers.

Olivia, the petite girl with black hair and subtle brown eyes, looked just like a regular student. Looks are obviously deceiving. She always maintained straight A's, set up every dance, always found the top stories to write about, while managing a healthy relationship with Kenny Garsovichk, the guy who played the lead in the Fall play, Pippin. Bottom line: she was known more for her brains, but still known for her beauty.

As Olivia typed away busily on a desktop, Harper was questioning someone over the phone, surely for the latest issue of the Hemington Post.

(A/N: Don't laugh, I worked hard xD) Harper was the part of the duo that was known for her beauty. She wasn't the stereotypical blond, blue eyed, slim waisted, big boobed girl. She was a tall slender girl, who could pass as a model. I'm surprised that she never looked into it. But instead of amazing us with her stunning face, she shocked us with her intricate news reports, hooking us in at every word. Still, everyone suspected that she was the one writing the anonymous fashion tip blog, even though she denied it at every accusation. (I wouldn't be surprised...)

I nudged Luke's shoulder, saying, "Uh, you can handle this, right?"

"...I uh... Hey, Calum, can you take this one?" Luke anxiously blurted.

Calum raised his eyebrow again, this time calling Luke out. "Bro, it's been like three months. Build a fucking bridge and get over it."

Oh, I was still the newbie there, so I had no idea what problem they were addressing. Michael tried to stop the awkwardness by saying, "He's not ready yet. Luke dated Olivia for like, a year. You can't forget a relationship like that."

Obviously Luke was a private person, and barely talked about his past. We'd gotten fairly close, and he had yet to open up things like that to me. I sound like a hypocrite, because I didn't exactly open up to him when the whole Ashleen thing went down.

"Apparently, we have many things we have to discuss later." I added, pulling the group closer to the desk where Olivia and Harper worked. "It's only awkward if you make it awkward."

In that second, Luke toughened up, saying, "Right."

Then he marched right up to the desk, where Olivia spoke before she even gave Luke a chance. "We've been expecting you, but we didn't think it would take this long."

"You heard?" I asked, raising an eyebrow just like Calum. "I mean, where?"

"Uh, Ashton, we're not idiots. They talked to us before they talked to you guys. Blah blah blah, seven periods later, you're asking us to manage your band." Harper asked without pausing. When she didn't hear us reply, she looked up and smiled. "Am I right or not?"

"You're right," I said, clearing my throat before I spoke. This girl spoke like she was going to be a challenge to us, and I wasn't ready to face her. "I just didn't-"

"Expect us to know your name? Of course we know your name, Ashton Irwin. By the way, good to see you...Luke." Olivia said, flashing her whitest and brightest smile that she showed off in all her pictures. "So want us to manage Five Seconds Of Summer, or not?"

This time, I didn't need to consult my band mates. I knew enough already to make good decisions for all of us. "Of course we do. But you already knew that."