☆Chapter 9.5☆

"Hey everybody! Luke, Calum, Michael and Ashton here!" Luke said once the YouTube camera was rolling. We were all sitting in Calum's basement, making random videos and just making social networking accounts.

"It's kind of obvious, but I'm going to say it away; we've got a new band member!" Michael cheered, clapping his hands while Calum put an arm over my shoulder. "He's our drummer, and even though it's been a short time he's been with us, he's already helped us out a lot."

"Like with our name. We're no longer Bromance, we're Five Seconds Of Summer." Calum added.

I knew once I got home that night, my face would be hurting with all that smiling I was doing. "Yeah, so now that this 'quartet' is complete, we thought we'd redo a cover. And soon after this video, you can find our twitter accounts and Instagram accounts in the description." I said, not wanting to just stand there, silent.

The first time I've ever heard them play together as a band was magical. And it was even more magical that I was apart of the whole thing. Luke, Calum, and Michael seemed like they were experts at what they were doing, when in actuality, they were only high school students.

I miss you was an acoustic song for us, so I was playing a box that I'd brought from home. I loved how they all worked together in perfect harmony, and I loved how I worked to piece it all together.

I had been practicing the song for I don't know - a few hours, maybe - to perfect it. I was a quick learner, I'll give myself that. But the only reason I practice for a few hours is that I'm a procrastinator, too busy dwelling on other things.

After the video, we started making Instagram and Twitter accounts. Once we got back to check the views on our video, it had already reached 127 views.

"Um, excuse me...how?" I asked breathlessly. "We posted that like five minutes ago."

"Right? We get views easily. Let's see how many views we have tomorrow." Michael said.

Right. Tomorrow. The day that we'd be signing up for the talent show. The day that we'd be picking a song to preform.

"Hey, guys?" I asked, thinking about our songs. "What song are we going to use for the talent show?"

"Uh, well, we could always use I miss you," Calum said. Right after, Luke gave him a look. "Just to be safe..."

"Or.... We could use unpredictable. What do you think, Ash?" Luke asked me, wanting to know my opinion.

"Huh? Well, I guess, I don't care... Whatever it is, you guys have to sing it, not me." I said, turning pale.

"Hey, you're going to play the drums." Michael told me, resting a hand on my arm. "Plus, we want you to sing, too."

It's not that I don't like to sing, or that I'm not good at it, because I think I am - it's just that it's not necessarily my thing. My thing is drumming. I'll sing if they want, but I don't mind.

"Guys, are we sure?" I asked, getting ready to sign our names on the talent show list.

Michael nodded, Luke smiled, and Calum gave a thumbs up. Of course they were sure.

I was sure, too. But they were the most sure they've ever been about anything.