♪Chapter Fifteen♪

I'm so sorry for the delayed update. I've been super depressed lately, and the fact that somebody stole my iPod on Friday didn't help. It has EVERYTHING on it! Including the plot for this story, all my music, and it's logged into all my accounts! So now I have to either try toremember where the plot was going, or change some things. But luckily for you guys, I remember this chapter's plot :3. OH BUT LEAVE MESSAGES ON HOW I CAN TRY TO GET IT BACK ;(

"I was the one for a second, two for a moment, three days later she told me to forget it. Three perfect days. They were three perfect days. Thought it was love, we were in it, then it was over. Now I'm looking for somebody's shoulder to make me feel okay. Tell me how did she get away in just three days?" (Sorry it's so long) Three Perfect Days, Before You Exit

~*~

Even though I hadn't taken any drugs or smoked or anything, I felt as if I was high. My body shook uncontrolably as I drove to wherever it was I wanted to go. As I almost ran a red light, I remembered the party that Calum briefly mentioned at the talent show, and quickly turned the direction of the car.

Would Callie be there? Would John be there?

It wouldn't matter. I needed to let loose, and have some fun for a change.

Sure I've been to a few parties before, but I had never smoked or done drugs there. To me, it seemed pointless and irresponsible. But now, it feels as if I understand those people. It can't hurt to do it once, right?

Luke, Michael, and Calum weren't the only friends that I hadd made at Hemsin. I had plenty of friends (ish) outside of them. And the host of the party, Ned Calding, was one of those friends. Yeah I didn't know him that well, or see him a lot, but he had invited me to hang out with him and his friends one day. I was more than capable of getting to his house on my own. Driving back would be a problem...

As I stepped out of my mother's car, I took in the surrounding area. A few girls were seated on the stone steps infront of the mansion-like home, smoking only God knows what. I tried to block out the terrible smell of the smoke as I walked past them, and they stared and laughed at me as I went by.

Careful steps led me up to the front door, opening it without hesitation.

Outside, I had ignored the loud vibration of the music, but now that I was in, I could feel the beat in my soul. I was the awkward one there, dressed in plaid pajamas and a Nirvana tee. Luckily nobody was looking at me, because they were too stuck in their own little lives.

Ned wasn't going to greet me, I knew that - but I looked for him anyway. In the process of my useless wandering, I came across somebody that I wasn't hoping to see.

The same brown hair. The same hazel eyes. I spun her around, almost entirely believing it was her, here, with me.

"Ashleen?"

The smile. The smile that used to light up my world every time I witnessed it. This time, it made me sick to my stomach. "Miss me yet?" She asked tauntingly.

I had to put my eyes up to hers, because I was taking in her outfit a little bit too much. 'N-n-no, I just - That's not important. Why are you here? Trying to get me back or something?"

She played with her hair for a few seconds, then said, "Nah. I mean, I was going to. And then I met somebody. Ned, I think his name is?"

Ned...? Well. It's not his fault that he fell under Ashleen's spell.

"There's one thing that makes no sense to me," I said, looking past her, hoping to catch a glimpse of Ned somewhere. "How did you know about this party? Do you know anybody here?"

"Of course I do, sweetie." She said, caressing my face. I cringed, and took a step away from her. It took all of my strength to not say, "Don't ever call me that." "Who do you think invited me? The moon?" She scoffed.

"I don't know if you know this, but John Azwen is my cousin."

"John?"

"Did I stutter? John." She looked past me, and smiled deviously. "There he is."

I stood next to her, watching as John made his way up to us. With Callie in hand. "This is turning out wonderfully." I whispered to myself.

"Hey, Ashleen." He said to his cousin before turning to me. "Wow, when did you meet him?" He held Callie's hand a little more tightly, and I saw the frown on her face tighten.

"When? Well, I've known him for years. We used to date."

"Oh," John shrugged. So far, so good. I haven't been hit since I saw him. That has to be a new record or something.

"Well, Callie and I have something to do." Without a goodbye, they disappeared back into a large crowd of people. My head was spinning, and my heart was aching. What? Why was Ashleen acting like... not herself? Where was the Ashleen that I feel in love with?!

I already knew the answer. She was gone. In her place was a monster.

Suddenly, nothing mattered to me. Nothing. I needed a drink.

The kitchen was load with booze, people grabbing cups upon cups of it. It wasn't like I had never drank before, but the stuff was strong to me. But as I drank more and more, the less pain I felt.

The drinks kept coming until I lost all sensation in my body. My vision shifted, blurring in and out. I had the worst headache that I ever had, as if my brain was pleading to be let out. One foot infront of the other, I had to keep repeating to myself. It was no use, of course. I kept stumbling around anyway.

It didn't help that somebody had offered me a joint. I took it, liking the feeling of no pain, just happiness and bliss. The first breath in was hell, burning at my lungs and beating at my gums. But it got easier and easier, until everything just disappeared.

At one point, I was outside, but all of a sudden, I was inside, kissing up on a girl. I still can't remember what color of hair the girl had. Maybe red? Brown? Ombre...?

All sound was blocked out of my ears. I couldn't even hear my own thoughts, even though they were coming at me in a cluttered mess. My movements were being controlled by an outside force, I had thought. I couldn't controll my legs from moving up those stairs, or into the room, or doing anything else beyond that point...

Kissing turned into touching. Touching turned into more. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't controll it. It just happened. Ashleen and Callie's faces kept appearing on whoever it was, confusing the hell out of me. It was terrible that I couldn't even tell who I was on...

~*~

"Ashton, get up." A feminine voice called out.

My eyes were too heavy to open them. "Who's there?"

"Who else would it be?"

"What happened last night?"

"How could you ask that question? After all the things that happened last night?!"

Finally I opened my eyes, finding Callie looking right at me.