☆Chapter Five☆

"Don't waste your time on me, you're already the voice inside my head." (I know this isn't from 5SOS, it's from Blink 182's "I Miss You"

~*~

"Hey, I miss you." Ashleen Kingston told me. She was staring at me through the screen, trying to tell my light figure from the darkness of the room.

Her brown hair was flawless, as sweet as a chocolate bar. It flowed down her back perfectly with every step she took. And those eyes? Those perfect hazel eyes that weren't quite brown nor green, not even hazel at times, always looked at me as if they knew something.

"I miss you too." I said, in a low whisper. I didn't want anyone, not even my parents to hear me talking all gushy to my girlfriend. So, I made sure to wait until 2 A.M to get on oovoo.

"How has it been there? In Melbourne?"

"Alright, I guess," I admitted. "I actually joined a band."

That bright, cheery smile found its way across her face, and her hazel eyes sparkled. She miserably hid her chuckle. "Tin Tin," she said embarrassingly. "That's great. I'm glad that you're happy there." Her smile dimmed, and she stared down at something below.

After a few seconds of silence, I finally said, "When can I see you?"

She perked up, that smile plastered on her face on e again. "Are you sure your parents will let you come back so soon to visit, though? It's only been a few days. Maybe you should wait a little, ya know?"

"Lee," I embarrassingly said, "I can't wait, though. Is something going on at home?"

"No...no. I mean - I'm fine, please don't worry."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, positive!" Ashleen exclaimed, trying to mask whatever she was feeling. "Things just have been a little...hard lately. And I'm feeling kind of alone."

"What's bothering you? Is it Shane because if it is, I swear-"

"Ashton, I have to go."

"Ashleen-"

But before I could say anymore, the video call had ended. Ashleen had just told me a bit of what she felt, but she wasn't giving me the whole story. What was she hiding from me, and why? I had been nothing but open with her since day one, and it feels as if secrets were being kept.

As I fell asleep that night I thought, "Is there something I don't know that's going to hurt me?"

"Guys, I need a favor." I demanded from my three friends. Even though I hadn't known them that well at that point, I had to come to them. I wouldn't be able to do it by myself.

Michael kicked his vans on top of the low mahogany table, feeling snug on my sofa. "What do you need? If it involves dancing, it's a no."

"Don't worry, it's not, uh, dancing."

"What do you need then?" Calum asked me, crossing his arms over his chest. "We all would like to know why you made us come to your house at 4. A.M."

"Yeah," added Luke. "We have school in like...3 hours."

"Well you can go to sleep....and to school," I told them, with a smile creeping onto my face. "Right after we drive to Brisbane."