♪Chapter Eight♪

Haii everyone. If you're reading this, I love you so much :) I just wana say thank you so much to everyone in the 5SOS family (or whoever lol) for reading this. I mean look, only seven chapters and there's like 300 reads :D! I couldn't be apart of a more lovely family. Thanks for making my first story on this account a success lovlies.

Love,

~Grace

"Broken this fragile thing now. And I can't pick up the pieces." Only One, Yellowcard

~*~

Thinking about myself at the moment, I sort of looked like a hot mess. My hair was curled all in my face, my eyes were raw, and voice was dry and croaky. But hopefully she would see what I went through, and how I felt, to get back to her.

I didn't need to take any deep breaths to open the door; my life wasn't a movie.

She opened the door almost instantly, in the middle of saying, "Hi, who is it?" But she didn't get far in that sentence once she saw my face. At first she looked past me, then behind her, then straight in my eyes. Her hazel eyes were squinting because she hadn't worn her glasses all day it seemed, or it was just really bright outside.

She cautiously opened the glad door that was dividing us. "Ash, what are you doing here?!" She whispered.

Wait.

What?

"Wow, that's not the response I was expecting after that endless drive." I spat, feeling a little bit pissed at how she talked to me. She said my name how someone would say, "dirty dead rat", which ticked me off. If anyone of my friends drove a long way just to see me, I'd feel like the most important person in the world.

Before she spoke again, she dropped her voice. "It's not that I'm not glad to see you, because God, I really am," She said, brushing away a strand of brown hair out of her face. "It's just that right now isn't a good time. My mom's not here." She said, her voice a little bit shaky. Something about her was off. It was the way her cheeks flushed so quickly that was a bit suspicious. "But I love you." Kiss. "And I miss you." Kiss.

I needed those two quick kisses from her. It was the only way I'd be able to cope with all the stress of moving, and starting over again. "I love you, too." I told her.

Why did I even leave?

Why did I leave her?

Hold on a moment.

Wasn't there something I came to do?

"So, how long will you be in Brisbane?" She asked, snapping out of my thoughts. Oh, yeah. I came to find out whatever she wasn't telling me. But she seemed normal...ish.

"Not for long, maybe for a few more hours. Nobody knows we left, so."

"Well, I'm sorry that I can't hang out with you and entertain you at the moment, I'm babysitting my little cou-"

"Ashley," I heard a male voice call from somewhere in the house. The voice ecchoed off the walls; it was loud enough to hear from the car, too. It wasn't a little kid's voice. No, it sounded like a teenager's voice. He continued, "Who are you talking to?"

Ashleen, who quickly whipped her head around, stared me in the eyes with a wanting glare. "You need to leave. Like, now." She tried to step back inside, but I didn't want to let her. How could I be able to let her go again?

"Ash-"

"Ashton?" An old friend, Blake, asked. He had black shaggy hair that was a mess in his face. I never got a good look at his eyes, or even his face. Not even once. But I knew him enough to know that he was always up to shady crap all the time. "What are you doing back in Brisbane? And talking to my girlfriend?"