♪Chapter Fourteen♪

So today I decided that I'll add a quote from some song that kind of portrays what the chapter is about. :P

"Things have changed for me. And that's okay." -Panic! At The Disco, The Green Gentlemen

~*~

Dang.

First place trophies are so heavy. But luckily, I wasn't the one who had to carry it out to the car.

Still, if feels surreal to me. I would have thought that the couple singing remembering Sunday, or the group of girls singing I don't hook up would have won. They just seemed more deserving.

Of course, Five Seconds Of Summer was just as deserving, excluding me. I didn't deserve any of it. But still, my friends let it slide...for now, anyway.

Around 11 pm on Friday night, just as I was getting ready to say goodnight to my mother, my phone buzzed. It was buzzing all day, but none of my normal school friends would have texted me at 11 at night, with there being an after-show party.

I checked my phone, crackles and pristine. The message - from Michael - read, "Band meeting. Now. My house."

~~~

I managed to "borrow" (okay, steal.) my mother's car to get to Michael's house. I actually had never been there before, other than the time Luke dropped everyone at home. I had to use my seemingly foggy memory to navigate my way.

It seemed that whenever we would meet, somebody would be dressed in pajamas. Like, the time I called them up early in the morning. Or just earlier today, when they stopped by. I actually could get used to it.

Luke's car pulled up next, as I was halfway to Michael's door. Luke quickly jumped out, yelling, "Ashton! Hey," then the ran to catch up with me.

"Hey," I said back. "Do you know what this band meeting's about?"

Like replied with, "I think so." But he shrugged, saying, "Just Michael being Michael, making sure everything's fine."

I nodded, and we began to walk side by side up Michael's stone steps. His house was beautifully decorated, and you would have never have guessed that a creature like Michael emerged from it everyday. His house, neighborhood, and family were put together so well, that Michael stuck out like a sore thumb.

But that's why he has us.

Luke was about to knock on the front door, but before he could, somebody else already opened it: Calum. "Hey." He greeted, walking away from the door, telling us to follow.

I filed in behind Luke, locking the door behind us. "What is this all about?"

Calum led us down a flight of stairs to the basement of the house, saying, "Uh, Michael just wants to do a little check-up."

Luke shot Calum a knowing glare. "How come I wasn't told?"

"Shit, I knew that I was forgetting something."

Luke rolled his eyes, and they presumed to argue until we got to the bottom of the carpeted stairs.

In the basement, Michael was sprawled out on a brand new couch, eating a bag of nacho cheese Doritos. By the amount of cheese stuck on his fingers, he had been eating them for a while. The tv was set on Spongebob, the episode with doodlebob or whatever it was.

"Welcome to my domain, young grasshopper." Michael said to me as soon as he saw me. His hair was the same color as it was the last time I saw him, and I wondered how long it would stay that way.

"I'm older than you, though?" I joked. "Actually, I'm older than all of you."

"Great, you can be the dad of the group." Luke laughed, nudging Calum in the side.