☆Chapter Seventeen☆

EXAM WEEK UPDATE = SHORT UPDATE

I look at this chapter and go, "Damn." I surprised myself while writing this, and I'm taking such a huge leap with Callie and Ashton here. Oh God, please don't kill me lol. THIS IS FICTION. :D

"I'm reaching down and hoping this one's ours." Mayday Parade, Walk On Water Or Drown

"Try not miss me when I'm gone." The Downfall Of Us All, A Day To Remember

~*~

"You want us to meet who?" I asked, once we were seated in the counseling office. But the counselors were off to the side, over hearing the conversation we were having with the men in suits. Those men happened to be involved with One Direction, and happened to want us to tour with them.

"One Direction," One of them repeated, for the third time. They spoke with the heaviest British accents that I had ever heard. "They heard your performance. They want you there."

"How did they even hear? When? What?!" Luke asked, barely able to sit still.

"A student here posted a video of your band singing at the talent show, and uploaded it on Saturday morning on their YouTube account. It has already gotten a few thousand views, and thousands of retweets on twitter."

"Wait, but how did 1D see it then?" Michael asked, sitting up in his seat.

"Fans were tweeting it to One Direction." One of them said.

...What just happened? Is it even realistic to get that many views in two days? "So what happens next?" I asked them, staring one of them in the eyes.

"Well," The man with the full head of glossy black hair said, adjusting his tie. "They want to meet you. They want to fly you out to England."

"No way." Luke gasped, running his fingers through his blond hair. "This all seems way too good to be true."

"Wait - who posted the video of us?" Michael questioned.

"Two students by the names of Harper Wilson and Olivia Washington."

"Give us a moment," Michael said, being us into a closed huddle. "What are we gonna do?"

"Guys, those two girls are the head of journalism and broadcasting club," I whispered to them. "Do you know what this could mean if we got them to help us even more?"

"What do you want us to do for them? Make them our managers? We're all just kids here." Luke argued, not entirely disagreeing with me.

"But Ashton's right, they know what they're doing. It seems like it, even. They got us all of those views. We owe it to them." Calum chimed. "What do you say? Swing by the journalism room after school? We have to give it a try."

"...I guess you're right."

We separated from from our little group huddle, and we stared into the eyes of the British men. "So what do you guys say? Are you guys going along with the plan?"

Luke looked at the rest of us, and we gave him an approving nod.

"Of course."

~*~

Of course, I couldn't sit through any of my classes. I couldn't wait to get home, and spread the amazing news to my mom, who was surely going to hug me for hours. She was never entirely sure that 5SOS would turn out to be huge, and this was the one thing (ha!) that would convince her.

But who else would I tell? No dad, no girlfriend, and the people I would tell already know, because they were there.

I need new friends...

So as I sat impatiently in English, I began to think of Callie, wherever she was. She was probably about to spill her guts out to me, and what was I going to do? Accept her? I don't even know what I should believe.

Lunch came quicker than I thought, and as I walked to the courtyard where we usually met, I felt my stomach turn. It didn't feel right to just be the same me - forgiving. I guess I had changed, and toughened up a bit with the whole Ashleen thing, but everything else, I have forgiven. How much more can I take?

"Hey," Callie greeted as she sat down next to me. She breathed a sigh of relief once she saw me. "I wasn't sure if you'd show up."

"Just wanted to hear what you had to say." I looked past her, looking at the perfect Fall sky. It was soon going to be Winter, and then it was soon going to be Winter Break. We had discussed that over Winter Break, and a little after that, we'd fly to England to do some shows. How much longer do I have to wait?!

"Well, good," She said, turning to me. She opened her mouth, but then she saw the expression on my face. She stated, "Something's on your mind. What is it?"

"Remember how I left this morning? And those men? Well, turns out they work for 1D. 1D wants us to your with them over Winter Break."

Callie's face quickly brightened up, but the quickly faded. "There's something I really need to tell you then."

"Just say it."

"I took a maternity test."

Sweat started to bead at the top of my eyebrow. "...How was it?"

She held onto my hands, and leaned towards me. Her brunette hair caressed my shoulders, slowly brushing them. We were just kids...

She whispered, in the sweetest voice that she could muster, "Please don't kill me, okay?"

"I'm not going to kill you, Callie."

She sighed a breath of relief, but still kept holding onto my hands. "I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm so scared, Ashton. We're only 17."

"I'm just as scared as you," I admitted. "We're kids...we don't know how to raise kids."

"But Ashton, it's my body." Callie Cried. "I have to go home with this. I have to deal with my family, and with yours. And now that we aren't together - well, we never were together - it makes it all worse."

"Then lets be together," I suggested, my eyes full of hope and love. I can't just leave her alone like this. It is my fault, 100% percent. I need to do my job in this whole thing.

"What are you saying?" Callie asked, partially confused and happy at once. She couldn't quite resister her emotions.

"Caroline, will you be my girlfriend?"

~*~

Walking to the Journalism room, I thought about how my band mates would take the news. Would they accept it? Accept me? Most importantly, accept Callie and the baby?