Part 14.

Your POV: Every thing was happening way too fast. "You what?!" I asked, shocked. He calmed his features, and sighed. "I love you. You've always just been to busy with Harry to notice me" he said, heartbroken. It kind of melted my heart, and I felt sorry for him since he was a good guy. "But you know, Harry's not here now, and you were saying that he doesn't even tell you he loves you anymore... I just assumed..." Caden continued, and I suddenly became angered that he had used my vulnerability to make a move. "Wait, so you thought that you could just make a move on me the first chance you get? You're wrong... I love Harry, and even if he isn't here right now, I can't cheat on him" I explained sternly. I had had enough, I had to go and find Harry before anything else happened. "I'm sorry Caden, but I have to go and find Harry. He's my boyfriend and I have to be with him" I said, standing up and beginning to walk. "Harry lied to you" he said, and it made me stop in my tracks. "What?" I asked, confused. I knew it, I knew something else would be revealed if I stayed. "Harry has been lying to you, this entire time" he said again. "Lying? About what?" I asked, even if it sounded pretty ridiculous. "About everything! And I've just never told you because he blackmailed me" Caden responded. I still had no idea what "everything" meant, but I continued to listen. "That night when Harry told you we were going to hang out, just the two of us, he lied. He was never at my house, he only used me as a cover story. He's always used me as a cover" he said. I tried to remember the specific night he was referring to, and I instantly felt pain in my chest when I realized Caden meant the night Harry had said he wasn't at Hillary's house. Hillary.... I hadn't even thought about her anymore, I had been too busy hoping Harry and I could just be happy and drama free. But even if Caden was trying to get me into believing him, I couldn't.

"You're the one who's lying Caden... Just stop" I pleaded. "No!! I won't stop!!! Don't you see what's going on here?! Harry always goes to Hillary's house, he's been going over there for years! I've always known. Every time Harry claimed to be at my house, he would go over to hers instead. The only problem is, she has never liked him, but he just never gives up. I've watched him take roses to her house, and do anything romantic to get her attention, but she always turns him down since she already has a boyfriend, and she's too stuck up to even look his way. He has liked her since the beginning of 7th grade. I know because when she walked into our classroom on the first day, he started drooling" he explained. I was burning inside, why could Caden want to hurt me like this, just because I had rejected him? "You're wrong! Harry and I started dating in the 7th grade! He couldn't like her if he already liked me!" I defended.

"Are you not getting this? He has never liked you! He has always liked her. He pretended to like you, and to ask you out, just so that Hillary could be jealous. He pretended to be a perfect boyfriend, just so that Hillary could see it and maybe want him too. Don't tell me you can't believe it... You almost caught him that one time" he said. Why was I placed into this situation? Why couldn't this night be perfect, just like Melina had promised? "Is that all? Or is there more?" I managed to ask, and he unfortunately continued. "Have you ever noticed how he's never wanted me near you? He always tries to keep you from me so that I won't tell you what I know. He's done this everyday since 7th grade. He knew I liked you, even then, because when I told him about you, he finally noticed you in a crowd. But instead of helping me out, he stole you from me, and I lost my chance. For years I'd been hoping that you would notice everything else, like how he tends to call you "babe" instead of your real name... It's not out of affection, it's just so that he won't confuse your name with Hillary's. Or how he zones out and stares at her, instead of listening to you. And how he always kisses you on the forehead, or just simply pecks you on the lips.... More as a friend than a girlfriend" he finished. I couldn't take it anymore... Caden was shattering my heart. It wouldn't be as painful, if I could say that it was all a lie. But it wasn't, because I know I had noticed all these little things too, and I had just decided to look past them because I loved Harry.