Part 19.

"You're still staring at her? What a loser" Caden teased me, as we sat together at lunch and I watched Hillary intently. Yes, third week into middle school, and I still couldn't take my eyes off of her. Everything she did, amazed me. She was currently sitting across the cafeteria, with her popular friends, the ones who I'm positive would never accept me into their group. I only sighed, knowing I would never have a chance with her. "I've told you before, she's not all that. She isn't even the prettiest girl in school" he continued, and I was already fuming. "What are you talking about? Are you blind? Look at her, she's... She's hot" I defended, watching Hillary again. "I can assure you, you only think that way because you haven't looked around completely. The girl I'm into, she's a thousand times hotter than Hillary" he smirked. I was getting tired of his stupid arguments. I wanted to see this girl of his with my own eyes, just so that I could laugh in his face.

Later that day, I walked over to Caden, as he placed some books into his locker. "Where is she then?" I asked, as the time continued to tick. He still hadn't shown me who he was interested in, despite constantly talking about her.
He looked past me, smiling widely, and speaking up. "There she is... Y/n" he said, pointing towards you as you walked with your friends. You smiled widely as one of them made a joke I assume, and I couldn't help but smile as well. It was true, you were hot. Of course, you weren't as hot as Hillary, but you were a close second. "Good choice bro!" I said to Caden, as he continued to stare at you. I continued to stare at you too, noticing you had dimples, just like mine. I grinned, and then something strange happened.
It was as if you had felt my eyes on you, because you immediately looked back at me. Your smile dropped, as you noticed mine, and you became pretty nervous. This made me chuckle, and you stared at the floor as you tucked a piece of hair behind your ear. You finally looked up to me again, and rewarded me with a cute smile in return.
I could tell you liked me already, and even though I felt bad for Caden, I wasn't really against it.