I'm Sorry.

Dakota Pov

I walk to Embry's house, it was almost midnight, I couldn't help my heart racing as I climb through his window an look down at his sleeping face, he looked exhausted. I softly kiss his forehead an lay beside him "wake up, Embry" I said turning on my side an gently shake his shoulder, he grumbles something before opening his eyes "Dakota?" He asks rubbing his eyes tiredly "I'm sorry" I said frowning.

"Why the hell couldn't I remember you?! and where have you been?!" He demands sitting up looking pissed off, I sigh sitting up "I told you to forget about me and I had some family drama, I only just got back in town and I wanted to come see you" I said softly "but I actually forgot who you are, how's that possible?" He asks confused, I explain compulsion as well as the fact I'm not quiet sure what I am yet.

"Why did you want me to forget you, you knew how I felt" He says looking upset "I didn't want to hurt you, ok?, if I let someone into my life they end up dead and I didn't want that to happen to you" I said frustrated as I rub my eyes tiredly "Dakota, I know you lost your parents but that doesn't mean you can't let yourself be happy" He says frowning an hesitantly wraps his arm around me.

"I'm scared" I said looking at him with teary eyes "don't be, look I understand if you only want to be friends but don't push me away, Kota" He says stroking my cheek with his finger tips as his eyes stay locked with mine, I allow myself to lean my cheek against the warm palm of his hand and I take a deep breathe "all my life I've only ever let myself care for my family and I cared for you when we used to be friends before I left, I never forgot about you...  you were my best friend, but I don't want to be your friend anymore" I said softly an he looked pained as his hand drops from my face onto his lap.

I stand up an hold my hands out towards him, he looks up at me with a confused expression before hesitantly taking my hands and I pull him to his feet "I love you, Embry Call" I said smiling up at him, he stared at me with his lips parted in a small jaw dropping shock of utter confusion, his eyes held so many emotions that I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

I felt my entire body tremble as he leans down an softly kisses me, it was gentle and sweet and I didn't want it to end as I wrap my arms loosely around his neck, I slowly pull away as my heart felt like it was about to explode out of my chest "I love you too" He says placing his forehead on mine "so what now?" I ask in a low voice that was almost a whisper.