eighteen

ISAAC'S POV:

"We haven't seen her all day," Allison said as she looked at Lydia who shook her head.

Scott and I went to find Allison, Lydia and Stiles. Nobody had seen Eleanor all day. Nobody had had classes with her, it just seemed like she had vanished into thin air.

"Isaac you seem awfully intense," Allison said.

"Well lately it's hard not to be, after everything that's happened-" Stiles cut me off.

"She probably is fine, have you checked her house?"

Scott nodded. "Of course, it was the first place we looked,"

"And she's not at Derek's, which would be weird if she was," I said.

"Everyone knows she's not going to escape to Derek's loft," Stiles said.

"Escape? Why would she escape?" I questioned.

Stiles shrugged. "I don't know, maybe she just felt the need to and needed time to herself,"

"That's what I said," Scott mentioned.

"But I'm sure she would've told us, if she needed that," Lydia said. "I mean Eleanor can be introverted, if she wants to, but she would have told us, if she was going to leave,"

ELEANOR'S POV:

"It's just that I don't understand this," I said pulling at the chains. "Why am I chained? I'm not-"

"Not what? Dangerous? Supernatural?" Deucaluion said.

All of that, I thought. Chained in his secret location. For the past few months I had been more confused than ever. I was only getting past the fact that one of my best friends Scott was a werewolf and now I was captured by another one. It didn't make any sense.

I pulled at the chains again. "Why can't you just let me go? Or is this one of those things where you try to tempt Scott and the others to come to you and you're using me as bait?"

"Intelligence, a good quality in a werewolf," Deucalion bent down in front of me. He wasn't even looking at me or at least I didn't think he was.

"What are you talking about?" I scoffed.

"But yet that intelligence and bright mind of yours doesn't make you realise what is going on,"

And suddenly it hit me, slowly and then all at once. But still it made no sense.

"But I can't-" He cut me off.

"Oh of course you can, everyone can, my grandma from the grave can,"

A werewolf. Me? No way, never in a million years.

I once again pulled at the chains, this time harder. "Let me go!"

"Why would I when I've finally found the one thing I've been searching for, you,"

"What the hell are you on about? I could never be a goddamn werewolf. I'm a human, a genuine human being with a very human life!" I exclaimed.

"I wouldn't say a very human life considering that half of your friends are werewolves or supernatural creatures or hunters including your boyfriend."

Isaac. I had completely forgotten that I was supposed to meet him today and now he would probably be wondering where I was.

"Don't mess Isaac into this, you'll keep your filthy claws off him," I threatened him.

"Defending the boyfriend? Sweetheart, I'm an alpha, he is a beta, do you see where I'm going with this?" That annoyance in his voice was burning a whole in my head. If I could've, I would have banged his head against the wall.

But there was fear in me. I couldn't bare to lose Isaac. I was scared for him. After all he had done, all the protection and defending me was driving me to a point that I couldn't let him risk his life for me. I would do the same for him, but I couldn't let him do it to me anymore.

"Please, hurt me as much as you want, but do not hurt Isaac," I begged. "Just leave him out of this, that's all I'm asking,"

"He's already in this game by simply being your boyfriend,"

"Game? What game?"

He didn't answer me. He stood up and looked out of the window that was on the ceiling.

"It's time," he exhaled. "Soon you'll be just like us,"

I pushed myself against the cold and hard brick wall and tucked my knees up. A cold shiver went down my back as he said the words "like us".

"Oh darling don't be afraid, you were born for this, just like me," he shifted a little so that I could see the window on the ceiling clearly and as I did, there was a full moon with its light beaming down on me.

"Just like you?" I exclaimed in confusion. "I'm nothing like you, you monster!"

And just like that, he glanced at the shadows and out came Kali. As fast as lightning she suddenly had her sharp werewolf fangs on my neck, causing me to scream in the most pain I have ever felt in my entire life.

From that moment forward the beaming light of the moon had never been so painful. Every bone in my body seemed to be breaking, the cracks of them echoed in the space that we were in. I felt pain everywhere, from head to toe. I couldn't control myself. I wanted to break free from the captivating chains that were tying me down, but I couldn't, I just couldn't.

But soon it stopped, just like that. It left me feeling numb and quite and like all of the life had been dragged out of me in an instant.

"How do you feel?" Deucalion asked. His voice sounded so distant. I wasn't able to answer. I didn't feel like myself. The aknowledgement of what had just happened hadn't hit me yet and I didn't want it to.

I felt him reaching for my face, trying to feel it and for some reason I just let him. He grabbed my chin and lifted it up.

"Welcome to the pack," he began. "Niece,"