twenty eight

ELEANOR'S POV:

The next day I walked to the warehouse where all of this had first begun, hoping to see a certain someone there.

I went inside and looked around. The sunlight shone in from the ceiling window and also the big steel doors were wide open.

"Hello?" I called out. All I could hear was my own echo.

I sighed deeply, my boots clicked on the cement floor as I walked around the place, somewhat admiring it. The sunlight shone rather beautifully showing the little dustbites floating in the air. I ran my finger tips lightly through them.

"I didn't expect to find you here," I heard a familiar voice say from behind me and it confused.

I quickly looked behind my shoulder to see Derek standing there.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What are you-"

He cut me off. "Wondering,"

"Wondering?" I questioned. "Shouldn't you be with the pack or something?"

"I needed some alone time, after last night," he said.

"Well I'll be off then," I said already heading for the door.

"No," he called out. "You don't have to,"

"I thought you wanted to be alone," I said confused turning back to face him. "I think that I'm the person you least want to spend time with,"

"Have I ever said that I hated you straight to your face?" he asked.

I stepped forward. "Well you've made it pretty clear that you do hate me,"

He sighed. "I don't hate you,"

My eyes widened in shock. "What? I thought that I was completely useless to you," I laughed out.

"You were always so cheery, a bit too cheery for my liking," he explained. "It was annoying,"

"I can guarantee you that that cheeriness has pretty much disappeared from my system," I said.

"But I find that hard to believe," he said. "I think that there is still the old you inside of you," he said.

I stayed quiet. I didn't know what was inside of me anymore, a monster? Maybe.

"I wasn't always like this," he said.

"What? A cold hearted alpha with no skills of empathy?" I questioned exagurating the description of him just slightly.

"Ha ha," he said sarcastically. "I can relate to your situation Eleanor,"

"My situation?" I questioned.

"Deucalion is a threat to all of us and even with you being in his pack, he is still a threat to you too,"

I was waiting for him to explain more, so I crossed my arms.

"From the age of 15, he's been a threat to me and someone that I truly cared about,"

"You actually cared about someone?" I questioned.

"Shut up about that already, I was not always this cold hearted alpha with no skills of empathy," he said.

I shut up.

"In your situation, Isaac,"

My eyebrows furrowed again. "Isaac?"

"Don't deny it Eleanor, you still care about him and you don't want anything bad to happen to him,"

"Of course I don't want anything bad to happen to him, but Isaac and I are still done," I resisted.

"He is still your weakness and Deucalion will use that,"

There was a moment of silence.

"Who was she?" I asked quietly.

"What?" he questioned.

"The one you cared so much about, who was she?"

He looked at the ground for a second. "It doesn't matter,"

"What happened to her?" I asked carefully.

"Why do you keep on asking stupid questions?" he raised his voice. "I said that it doesn't matter,"

I kept my mouth shut.

"Just try not to killed with him," he then spoke up. "Deucalion I mean,"

"Thanks for the hint," I said. "I'll leave you to be then," I walked towards the large open doors, just leaving him there.

"He's not the same without you Eleanor," Derek called out.

I stopped and glanced over my shoulder. "We're both not the same,"

I left the building entirely. I was sick of hearing how Isaac and I had both changed, of course we had and we both acknowledged the fact, but I guess it didn't please everyone around us.

A few days passed by. A memorial concert was being a held at the school for all of the victims of these deaths, so for respect I thought I should go. I knew that the others hadn't figured out who the Darach was, but I bet that they are still working on it.

I walked to the auditorium at the school, everyone was still getting ready and people were still arriving. I saw Ethan fixing Danny's necktie, but then my glance landed on Scott who was scanning the crowd, his glance landing on me. I thought that I should look away or go talk to him, but I did neither.

I then saw Lydia, who also noticed me, but I just stayed stuck to my seat with my arms crossed. The two of them went to talk to each other, who knows what about. Lydia seated back down and Scott stayed at the side, now and then glancing over at me.

The concert was starting and the orchestra began to play. I was sitting close to the door and suddenly inside came Allison, Chris and Isaac. I quickly got up from the chair and rushed to the side of the room, hoping that they or at least he didn't notice me. Not realizing it, I had rushed practically next to Scott.

"Eleanor?" he questioned. I looked down at the ground and then took a deep breathe and looked up at him.

"Hi," I said quietly.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Showing some respect," I said and brushed a few stray hairs from my face.

"No, I mean why did you run over here?" he asked again.

"Oh," I paused and looked at Isaac who was still by the entrance of the auditorium and then back at Scott. "Bad seat,"

Scott noticed that I had glanced at Isaac. "You know you can't run away from him forever,"

"I already talked to him, it didn't go so well," I muttered.

"It's good to see you," Scott whispered and then grabbed my hand.¨

I looked at our hands and didn't snatch it away. I then looked up at him with a small smile.

"I missed you," he said. "And I know you've been avoiding us, but I still miss you,"

"Yeah," I sighed. "I miss you too," I squeezed him hand reassuringly.

Scott then looked at the audience again, but suddenly his facial expression changed.

"Where's Lydia?" he questioned. "Do you see her?"

I scanned the audience too. "No, I don't,"

He saw Stiles and gestured for him to come over. Then he turned to me.

"C'mon, lets find her,"