74: Floaties

Y/N's POV:

"Shawn, go away." I blindly flail my arms, trying to hit him. His shadow against the light hitting my eyelids grows bigger, and I open my eyes against the sun. Shawn's face is inches from mine.

"Hi beautiful." He grins. I bite my bottom lip to keep from smiling.

"I want to tan, babe." I complain. He begins to pout.

"Come swim with us. I swear, Aaliyah never wants to tan. And she's laying right next to you attempting to tan. You've changed her." He teases. I can't help but laugh.

"Maybe it's a good thing. It'll make her less like you." I giggle in response. He pouts a little, crossing his arms like a two year old.

"Pwease come pway wif me." He whines. I reach over and hit him in the gut before standing up and adjusting my bathing suit bottoms.

"Okay, Mr. Grumpy butt." I watch him as he rubs his toned stomach, offended I hit him.

"Ow." He says. I roll my eyes and edge my way over to the in-ground pool, watching behind me to make sure Shawn isn't going to push me in. Loud laughter comes from the group of teenagers floating in the pool as Shawn leaps in from the other side, a huge wave of water following him. I shield myself from the splash, laughing. Shawn comes bobbing up out of the water.

"Come on, Y/N." He calls, shaking his head like a dog. I hesitantly place my foot in the water, pulling out and shaking my head.

"No, no way. Too cold." I laugh.

"Awe, does my princess need floaties? Is she scared of the water?"

Now Shawn's just being annoying. I shoot him a look and spin away from the pool, practically sprinting back to the safe haven of my comfortable lawn chair.

I'm not scared of the water. I mean, maybe a little. But only because it's cold. Not because Shawn and his friends might dunk me under. Psh, that's insane.

"Y/N, seriously, what's going on?" Shawn comes over to my chair, crouching down to where he's eye level with me.

"Nothing, Shawn. I just don't want to get shoved under the water, okay?" I say, my tone aggravated. I look down at my lap, avoiding eye contact.

"Hey, princess, look at me." He says, using his pointer finger to lift my chin. "You could have just told me that. I can tell my friends to leave you alone. I'll even give you a piggy back ride if you want just so that they don't mess with you." He bargains.

"Um, okay." I agree, finally giving in. He grins and takes my hands, leading me to the edge of the pool.

"Are you sure you don't want floaties?" He teases.

"I'm sure."

////////
A/N

Here's kind of a summer themed imagine for you guys!! I hope y'all liked it!!!! I love you my Rice Krispies! X

QOTD: Are y'all going anywhere for summer break?

AOTD: No where as a family vacation because we're going on a cruise over Fall break.