Steve~ Coming Home (Request)

This is a request from @KaeylnsBestFriend . Enjoy!
----------

* Zoe's POV*

Steve has been gone for almost a year on a mission and my mood has been declining over that time. The whole team has been noticing, and they have been trying to cheer me up, but nothing works. All I want is my Steve. My mood dropped even more when I heard that he still had possibly another six months to his mission. I stayed in my room all the time, except to get some food, but I haven't been eating as much as I probably should. Natasha has been bringing food up to me, and then setting it on the nightstand beside my bed, but it just becomes cold because I don't eat it.  I know I should eat, because if Steve found out he would yell at me, but I just didn't feel up to it because I didn't know if he was eating or anything.

One day, as I was laying on our shared bed, and there was a knock on my door. I slowly got up out of bed and opened the door. It was Natasha, although she wasn't holding a plate of food to try and get me to eat, surprisingly.

"What do you want Natasha?" I asked.

She held up a dress that even I had to admit was cute. "Here. Tony's having a party tonight and he wants you to come and wear this." he said.

"Why does he want me to come? What if I don't want to?" I crossed my arms.

She shoved the dress at me, slinging it over my shoulder. "Because you need to get out. You've been in your room for a long time and you need to be social."

"I don't want to be social. Tell Tony to take this back." I shoved the dress back at Natasha, who just thrusted it back and pushed me in my room, closing the door.

"Party starts at seven!" she called before walking off.

I sighed, throwing the dress on my bed, staring at it for a while before sitting beside it. It was only five o'clock now, so I had two hours to make my decision. After about an hour of just sitting there, I decided that I should go and get some use out of the nice dress that Tony probably spent a lot of money on. I stood up and went into the bathroom, putting on the dress. It went a little past my knees and I smiled. I decided to start working on my hair, and then my makeup, which took the rest of the time before the party started. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time before I walked out of my room and down to the main living area where the party would be held. People started flooding in after a while and it quickly filled up and became crowded. I stayed at the bar the whole time, although not drinking anything alcoholic, knowing if I started drinking that I wouldn't stop.

It was about an hour into the party when someone started speaking over the microphone. I turned around when the voice sounded familiar. It was Steve. He was up on the stage, in a nice suit and talking to me. I quickly hopped off of my stool that I was sitting on and ran to him, him running off of the stage and meeting me halfway. He picked me up and hugged me tightly as he spun me around, laughing happily in my ear. I buried my face in the crook of his neck and cried into his neck, although they were happy tears. We didn't pull away from each other for a good five minutes before he set me down and kissed me, which I happily kissed back. Everybody cheered as he pulled away.

"I love you." he said, smiling.

"I love you too." I said. "I missed you so much." I said as I hugged him again, in which he gladly hugged back.

------------------------------------------

I'm sorry this took so long! I was at my friend's house for a week and didn't have a chance to write anything! I'm trying to get all my requests done!