Mistakes (Steve x Reader)

This is a request for Insanity69. Enjoy!

(Y/E/C)= Your eye color

-------------

The day your boyfriend Steve and his friend Bucky rescued you from HYDRA's hands, everything was normal. Nothing looked wrong with you, even Bruce's high tech gadgets didn't pick anything up. But there was something wrong with you. Something deep inside your brain that not even the most advanced technology could ever pick up. HYDRA had more advanced technology than SHIELD had ever imagined. They never let anyone near it except the engineers who engineered is and the person that the procedure was being done to. A tiny little device was implanted in the cerebrum. Through that device, HYDRA is able to control you entirely, making you a deadly weapon.

But at the moment, nothing looked wrong. You came home with Steve and Bucky and got everything checked out before you and Steve headed in to the living room to cuddle and watch movies, the whole time Steve would ask if you were sure that you were okay, and you would answer with a confident yes. The thing that no one expected was the day that you weren't okay and tried to kill Steve and Bucky. It was simple in your mind: get them separated and kill them individually. It turned out to be harder than you thought. You could never get Bucky away from the team, neither could you do the same with Steve. It's like they were afraid to be alone with you.

You were able to convince them to go train with you at an ungodly hour in the morning. Why would you want to train so late, they didn't know, but they went with it. It was normal when you pulled Bucky into a headlock, but it started getting serious when you didn't let go, making him thrash against your hold.

"(Y/N) let him go!" Steve yelled as he watched his friend's face start to turn a tint of blue. He rushed forward to pry your arms from around Bucky's neck, pushing Bucky away when he finally got him away from your death hold. "(Y/N) snap out of it!" he grabbed your hands, but you just kicked him in the chest away from you.

You jumped up and pulled out a gun, pointing it at Bucky's unconscious body, but Steve took quick action and kicked the gun out of your hands, watching as it slid across the floor to the other side of the room. Steve looked from you to the gun a couple times before diving for it, you doing the same. He grabbed the gun in his hands tightly before you tackled him, trying to wrestle the fun out of his hands to finish your job. The two of you wrestled for the gun for at least a minute, the whole time Steve was telling for you to snap out of it, not paying attention that his pointer finger was resting on the trigger. A couple seconds more of the two of you wrestling, there was a loud bang and you both went still.

You looked down slowly and saw a red spot growing on tour stomach before you slumped onto your back, your vision already fading.

"No!" Steve cried as he dropped the smoking gun and sat on his knees beside you, pressing on your stomach in a vain attempt to stop the bleeding. "(Y/N) you can't leave me, not like this. Please!" he cried, his tears dropping off of his cheeks and onto your pale face.

Your (Y/E/C) eyes looked up into his blue eyes, everything seeming to stop between the two of you. "I-I love you." you said weakly as your eyes closed.

Steve screamed and cried in agony, wrapping his arms around you tightly and laying his head on your chest. That's the way Bucky found him when he finally became conscious.

"Oh Steve. Oh my god." Bucky said, watching his best friend weep over your body. "What happened?"

"I-I killed her Buck! I s-shot her!" Steve cried. "S-She was going to s-shoot you, so I kicked the gun out of her h-hand. W-We both went for it, and wrestled for it. I-I accidentally shot her!"

Bucky kneeled beside your body and his best friend. "She would know that you didn't do it on purpose." he put a hand on the man's shoulder.

Steve nodded a bit. "She's going to have the best memorial service."

And you did. The whole SHIELD team was there. Everyone on the team shared the best memory about you and what they did with you on a daily basis. There were pictures of you everywhere, ranging from when you were young, to what you were when you died. Steve was never the same man after they lowered you into the ground. He visited your grave every day, but did nothing else. He slowly withered away, wishing he was with you.

------

There are two requests uploaded today! I hope you have enjoyed them and I hope to have some more uploaded soon!