Ouch.

Recap: 

     "Listen," He said, stopping in his tracks, turning around, and softly grabbing onto my elbows. "I have to tell you something."

"What is it?" I whispered, not recognizing my own voice.

"I'm in love with you, Xandra," He told me, looking into my eyes like he could see into my soul, "There's just something about you, that makes my heart beat quicken. Makes my palms start to sweat at the mere thought of you. It feels like I have butterflies in my stomach whenever I talk to you. I get goosebumps whenever I see you. I don't know when it happened. I would say at first sight, but this isn't some cheesy romantic book. I'm in love with you, and I needed to tell you that." I looked up at him, not knowing what to say. I had always wanted a man to tell me those things. My heart beat was beating quicker, I began to feel those butterflies and goosebumps he had described.

"Jasper..." I murmured. I didn't have time to finish my sentence before he leaned down, and captured my lips with his. His left hand grabbed onto my waist, and his right, flew up to my cheek. Mine stayed on his chest. As much as I wanted to push away from him, I couldn't. As much as I wanted to tell him this wasn't right, I couldn't. As much as I wanted to tell him what he made me feel, I couldn't. Because of John. The kiss was soft, and absolutely perfect. It wasn't rushed. It was sweet, soft, and just beautiful for lack of a better word. He pulled away, and rested his forehead on top of mine, looking into my eyes with a slight smile on his face. He was about to open his mouth when he was interrupted.

"What the fuck is this?"

Jasper looked over at the person without hesitation. I felt my heart beat quicken. I didn't need to looked over to know who it was. I didn't want to look over and see those brown eyes full of anger and hate. But I couldn't be a coward since I was in the wrong. I needed to face the consequences. I shyly looked over at the intruder.

"John," I whispered.

-----

     I stared outside the window, staring off into the darkness of the night. I sighed and rolled my neck, already tired from the long drive home. I sniffled and turned my head, looking to my left. Jasper was sleeping soundly on the other side of the car. His sleeping face was turned toward me, and I couldn't help but to be memorized. He was truly something to look at.

     "Xan, you okay?" Vlad asked, turning his head a little to look at me as he drove. 

     "Yes," I whispered, only for it to sound croaked. It sounded like I had been crying. That was probably because I had been. I emotionally hurt. 

     "Want to talk about it?" He asked after a moment of silence. 

     "No thank you, I think I'm going to try to fall back asleep." I turned my head back towards the window and shut my eyes, knowing very well I would be unable to fall asleep.

     "What the fuck are you doing, Xandra?" John hissed, glaring at me, his eyes blazed with anger. I swallowed not knowing what exactly to say.

     "It was me, man, I'm just drunk," Jasper murmured, putting himself between John and me. John looked at me and then back at Jasper.

     "I'm not talking to you, Howard. Xandra, what the fuck is this?" John asked, louder than before, turning his attention back to me.

     "I think you know," I whispered, not knowing what else to say. He saw everything; there was no denying it. No way around it. I had fucked up. I had never wanted to hurt John, but seeing that anger in his eyes, I knew tonight I had. 

     "You're a lying bitch," John glared at me, "You were hooking up with him whenever you visited Ohio, weren't you? Or was he the only reason why you came to Ohio?" He laughed a dry laugh," You wouldn't put out for someone who loved you for more than a year. You're a cheap slut-" 

     "Stop fucking talking, Knight. Do not speak to her in that regard," Jasper defended, his arms crossing over his chest. John moved closer to Jasper, the testosterone seeming to build.

     "You're supposed to be my brother, my fucking brother. How long have you been fucking my girlfriend?" 

     "We didn't do that, John," I told him. He looked over at me, only to turn his angry expression back on Jasper.

     "You are a horrible fucking president, a horrible fucking brother, no wonder Alicia fucking cheated on you, you piece of shit,"  He literally spat on Jasper.

     "Jasper!" I yelled as soon as Jasper punched John square in the eye. John went down, and I didn't think twice before running and kneeling next to him. I set a hand on his chest and tried to help him up. He jerked his arm away, back-slapping my arm quite hard, knocking me on my butt. Jasper began cursing, moving towards John with his shirt sleeve rolled up. I had never seen him look so intimidating.

     "Don't fucking touch me," He hissed, jumping on his feet, leaving on foot into the dark, Minnesotan night. Jasper squatted in front of me. 

     "I'm sorry, Xandra, this is my fault." 

     "No it's not," I murmured, "I kissed you back. I fucked up. I shouldn't have done that." Jasper looked at me, hurt written across his face. He stood up, holding out a hand for me. I took it, thinking of how to properly explain what I meant. He pulled me up, and just like that he walked away.

     I opened my eyes, and looked back at Jasper. I know what I said had hurt, but he hasn't spoken to me since. I have tried numerous times to talk to him, but normally he just excuses himself and walks away. I have cried for a lot lately. I cried for the hurt I caused. I cried for the ending of my relationship with John. I cried for hurting Jasper. 

     Vlad and Silver didn't ask questions or comment about what happened, but they seem to know what had happened. Whenever I talk to either of them, they purposely avoided conversation related to Jasper or John. Plus, whenever I caught them looking at me, they would give me a small, pity smile that only made me know that they knew.

     I was waiting to hear from my brother. I was sure someone had told him about it, but he hadn't called or texted me. I felt the car slowly come to a stop, and Vlad looked back at me.

     "I'm going to run in and use the restroom. Need to come?" I shook my head. Silver bounced awake.

     "I need snacks!" He announced as they both climbed out. The doors shut a little loudly, and Jasper started to move. I watched as he slowly opened his eyes, looking around the car, his eyes finally landing on mine. 

     "I will be back," He murmured, beginning to get out of the car. I don't know what made me do it, but I flung myself on him, my hand grabbing his.

     "Jasper," I whispered. He looked at our hands and back up at me, "Please, I need to talk to you."

     "What, Xandra?" He sighed. I kept my face straight, not wanting him to know how much that hurt me.

     "You told me you were in love with me..." I said, "Please, can we talk?"

     After a moment of silence, he finally responded before walking out of the car with my heart, "It's past tense now, Xandra."