Chapter 14

The rest of the week dragged on and was really uneventful. I attended class only on Monday as the rest of the week I kind of felt sick. There weren't any more meetings at Phi Kappa Tau, but I was pumped come Friday. I skipped class again and was messing around on Facebook when John called me. I swiped to answer as I jumped into my bed.

"Hello?" I answered, kicking one of my feet over the other.

"Hey, baby."

"How're you doing?" I asked him.

"Okay, Grandma is doing alright so I'm actually at the airport waiting on my noon flight. I should get home in time to be a part of the Big Brother Match-Up," He said. 

"I'm happy Grandma is okay," I told him. His grandmother Irene was a total sweetheart. "Are you excited for tonight?"

"Somewhat," He grumbled, "No offense, babe, but I don't really want to be paired up with Xaden. He seems like a total tool." I held back a laugh. I  was the tool? What a joke! He hadn't even spoken to Xaden by himself before! I rolled my eyes.

"I think if you spent more time with him, you'd like him," I told him. I pat my stomach with my free hand. I heard keys at the door before it opened, revealing a smiling Nate.

"Hey," He said. I nodded my head in acknowledgment. Mouthing that I was on the phone. He nodded his head in understanding before grabbing a book off his desk and leaving again.

"Babe, who was that?" 

"He's a barista at Caribou, hey, I'll call you back later, alright?" I asked. 

"Yup, love you."

"Love you too," I murmured. I hung up the phone and set it on the table. Only seconds later it vibrated with a text message. I smiled when I saw the contact. It was Jasper.

When're you coming up? 

Someone's a little excited for my arrival, eh? :) I responded. I shivered just thinking about hanging out with him. Jasper genuinely seemed like a good guy.

Only for you, buddy ;) 

Can we keep this between the two of us? John will go ape shit and I know Daniel will pester me with questions.

Your dirty little secret? I like the idea of being yours and dirty. He responded. I laughed. I rolled my eyes and texted him back.

We're friends, Jasper. 

I know. 

Sorry, gotta go. And I might come up tomorrow.

I set my phone on the desk and looked at the time. It was only three o'clock. I yawned and decided I'd take a nap before I had to get ready for the party tonight.

 ---

The Big Brothers Match-Up party was in full swing when I arrived. I was a tad late because my nap had ran later than I had wanted it to. Thankfully Nate woke up me asking if I still had 'that thing tonight.' When I realized what time it was, I jumped out of bed and after taking a second to stabilize myself, I changed into a pair of khakis and a blue plaid shirt. I basically sprinted to the PKT house, hoping I hadn't missed anything. I reached the backyard and was welcomed by loud music. The backyard was pretty packed. I grabbed a beer from a nearby cooler, not wanting to have another tattoo on my ass. There were a bunch of girls there. Some dressed, others not so dressed. I felt somewhat uncomfortable seeing it. 

"T. Bell! What's going on?!" Silver nodded as I turned to see he had joined me in my little space. His eyes were glossy and he was holding a drink. I could smell the booze from a couple feet away.