Hard to Say Good-bye

"Well sis, I gotta say that it was actually kind of nice having you here," Daniel smiled before hugging me tightly. "I hope you come back and visit sometime soon."

"I'll think about it," I smiled back at him. This was a bittersweet moment for me. I felt as if Daniel and my sibling relationship had grown closer and stronger than ever because of what had happened the last couple of months, but especially the last couple of days. It was now officially winter break and I was heading home. For good. I turned away from Daniel to look at my new friends who were wishing me farewell.

"I can't believe you're leaving," Vald said, playfully glaring at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"You're just upset because you won't be able to pester me as much when I'm in Minnesota," I smirked at him. He smiled widely.

"That is quite true."

"Yeah, this sucks. You're one of my only friends who is a girl. I hate you're leaving," Silver added. Vald eagerly nodded his head.

"I know, I know," I smiled softly, bringing them both in for a hug. "You guys are always welcome in Minnesota and you guys have my phone number. Feel free to text or call me any time."

"You know we'll be taking you up on that offer!" Vald said as he squeezed me.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I laughed, "That's why I invited you guys, ya doofus."

I had already said good-bye to almost all of the other brothers last night and earlier this morning. The brothers who were still talking to me, that is. The only brother who seemed to be out of the house was none other than Jasper. Which was convenient seeing as how he was avoiding me still. I let go of Silver and Vald.

"It's going to be weird without you here, shrimp," Daniel smiled before hugging me again, "text when you get home okay?" I nodded my head.

"I will."

"Hey, we better be included on that text too," Vald added. I nodded my head.

"Of course," I smiled at him, "You guys are now my big brothers too."

I walked towards my car and waved back at Daniel and the guys before getting in and starting my drive back to Minnesota.

---

"Are ya fucking kidding me?!" I yelled throwing my hands in the air as I shook my head at the TV. I cannot believe the Bachelorette picked Adam of all the guys to be with! Did she not realize Adam was a total douche kabob?! He definitely seemed like the cheating type. I switched channels to Law and Order SVU not being able to watch this nonsense anymore. I was losing my mind. Ever since I got home, I had been depressed and didn't want to see anyone. I didn't really even speak to Michelle and Angel because I just wanted time alone.

I think the reason why I was so depressed was because I had so much faith in John, yet he fucked me over. I also know I had feelings for Jasper which was obvious, yet he left me feeling hurt. I didn't know what I really expected. Even though I lied to Jasper, I didn't expect him to take it as poorly as he did. A knocking at the front door interrupted my thoughts. I hadn't spoken to anyone today, so I didn't know who it was. Whoever it was they would get me as I was in my pineapple pajamas. I walked over to the door and opened it.

"Hi," he said. I was flabbergasted. I didn't know what to say since I didn't expect to see him nor did I really want to.

"Uh," I awkwardly said, "hi."

"Can I come in?" He asked. I nodded once and moved out of the way so he could walk into the foyer.

"Why are you here, John?" I asked, finding my voice. He looked at me sheepishly.

"I want my IPad back," he told me. I somehow was able to refrain from rolling my eyes. Out of all the reasons why I thought he would be here a fucking IPad wasn't

"I'll go get it," I murmured. I got up and walked towards the living room. I hadn't touched the IPad since before I went to Ohio so I knew where it was in the living room. I hurried back to John with the IPad in hand. I handed it over to him.

"Thanks." He turned around and started for the door, and against my better judgment I grabbed his elbow.

"John," I started. He turned back to look at me, "I'm sorry. Kissing Jasper wasn't right because we were still together. Even after everything that you have done to me I'm still sorry that you had to see that."

"I think I was more pissed at seeing you guys kiss because I was dealing with cheating on you. I'm sorry for that."

I nodded my head, "I forgive you, John. But because of everything that's happened, I feel it's in our best interests not to speak to each other anymore."

"Alright," he murmured, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. "I wish you well, Xandra."

"Thank you, you too, John."

John gave me a small smile in my direction. And with that, John was leaving my home and my life.