Chapter 23

"Xandra?" The voice said, interrupting Ryan Gosling professing his undying love for me. I groaned and squinted my eyes tighter, hoping it'd keep me dreaming. "Dammit, Xandra!" A frustrated voice muttered. I groaned and rolled onto my other side. This time I felt a painful pinch on my shoulder.

"Fuck!" I grunted as my eyes shot open. Vald was holding back a smirk from where he was sitting on my bed. "No," I mumbled and shut my eyes, almost annoyed with his presence. I was pushed closer to the wall. I felt the bed dip lower and assumed Vald had laid down next to me.

"No! You gotta wake up, buddy! What the hell are you doing? It's already two PM!" Vald said, stretching his back, letting me hear the cracks of the joints.

"Ew! No cracking anything in this room! I hate that sound!" I complained, squeezing my pillow closer to me. I yawned and squeezed my eyes tighter.

"Wake up, princess or else I'll crack every single joint in my body," He threatened. I whimpered and opened my eyes. Vald was grinning at me with a Cheshire smile. God, I wish he knew how creepy that was. I frowned and sat up.

"Why must I wake up now?" I complained, "It's 2 PM and the relay games are at, like, five!" Vald rolled his eyes at my childish behavior.

"Jasper wants to meet up with everyone today. We have to take pictures for the school and our chapter to send to nationals."

"Ugh, whatever," I muttered. I stood on the bed and climbed over him. I went to the closet. "What kind of games do they have for the relay games?" I asked as I began sorting through my clothes, looking for something presentable to wear for the pictures.

"Eh, hard to answer...every year they switch up the games. There could be like a maze or a physical relay. And dude, the games start at 3:30!"

"Well, what do I wear to the games?"

"Last year we had a lot of running games, so I'd say shorts and a loose t-shirt," Vald answered, getting comfortable on my bed. I nodded my head. I grabbed a pair of black basketball shorts that went to my knees and a University of Ohio shirt. I set them on my bed and gave Vald a pointed look. "What?"

"Dude, can you please leave so I can change?" I asked. Vald nodded and after muttering a few lines of how women are about getting ready. I rolled my eyes and quickly rolled the bandages around my breasts. I made sure that they were flat before I rolled on some deodorant. I slide into the shirt and changed my underwear for a pair of blue plaid boxers. I slid my basketball shorts on and was thankful that last night after my shower I had braided my hair so it was ready for today. I put on my cap and then wig. A pounding on the door interrupted my getting ready.

"Xaden! Let's go!" Vald shouted. I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste. I opened the door.

"Hey, I just gotta brush my teeth and then I'll be ready to go," I told him. Vald groaned, but I heard his following steps behind me. I went to the restroom and quickly used the facilities and then brushed my teeth.

"Ready?" He asked. I nodded. We quickly dropped off my toothbrush and toothpaste at my room and we were on our way to Phi Kappa Tau.

----

"Alright, now it's time for Xaden and Jasper!" Ching announced. I looked up from the book that currently had my attention the moment I heard my name. I folded the top of the page and set it down on the bench I had been sitting at. I walked down the few steps from the deck to the backyard. I went over to where the professional photographer was. I ran a hand through my wig, making sure it'd look alright in the picture.

"Excited to be sexy models?" Jasper asked next to me. I glanced at him and was quite happy I did. His beautiful eyes were sparkling and he had an amazing smile etched on his face, showing his dimples perfectly.