A Field Trip

"Yeah. Friends," he murmured.

     Those words kept replaying in my head as I laid in bed. 

     "Yeah. Friends."

     "Friends."

     "Friends."

     I don't know why, but those two words began to tear at my heart. I felt like I was suffocating; my heart felt heavy. It was the disappointment in those words that had gotten to me. Every time it replayed in my head, it felt like I was slapped. I hated that I was feeling almost...guilty. 

     I was irked with myself. I was being so hypocritical, I was driving myself nuts. I kept reminding myself that nothing could or would happen with Jasper. And why was that? Because I was in love with John. I really did love him. Despite him pushing me a little bit, or his distaste for my brother, he was still the man I loved. There was no evidence that he cheated on me like Daniel had told me so many months ago. Even though I wasn't very fond of that Elena girl, there was no reason to believe something was going on between the two.

     "I can't do this anymore," I told myself out loud. I was tired of laying around, studying, being locked up in my room. Sure, we had some frat parties going on, but really I wasn't in the mood to attend them. I wasn't in the mood to dress like a dude and have to be fake like that. I sighed and looked at my clock. It was only nine AM and I knew I shouldn't even contemplate this, but I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and texted Silver and Vlad. 

Guys, listen, I'm dying here. Anyone up for a road trip to Minnesota? I need a nice getaway before finals.

     I really hoped they'd be down to go. Either way I was going, but it'd be nice to have back up with me. Well, by that I just meant some guys to hang out with. Of course I was going to hang out with my girls but I wanted to have them there because I really did value our friendships. I hadn't been able to really hang out with them lately, and that had been driving me nuts as well.

That's not even a question, of course I'm down. Got any friends who like Harry Potter?

     I smirked at Vlad's text. I smiled and rolled my eyes. This man was too much! 

Oh hellllllllllll yeah you best know Imma be there!

     I smiled at Silver's response. Now I have my best two guy friends going with me to Minnesota. Nothing could ruin my day. I dialed Daniel's number, and he answered after two rings.

     "Hey, what's up?" He asked.

     I rolled out of bed and stood up stretching. "Well...Vlad and SIiver and I are going on an adventure."

     "Is that right...well where are you planning on going?" He asked.

     "Minnesota. I'm getting so tired of the same old same old. I want to be able to take a little break."

      "What're you talking about Xandra? We have winter break in like a week."

     "I need to get away for a couple of days. Besides, it's only Tuesday and we'll be back by Sunday. The boys are down to go, and it'll be a good time..." I told him, "I promise we'll be safe and I'll be good to go for finals next week."

     "If anything happens to you, they better know it'll be their asses on the line."

     "I love you," I sang happily, "I think what we'll do is come by the house to leave. That way we can say bye to all the brothers and whatnot."