Chapter 15

I woke up the next morning with a huge smile on my face. I couldn't wait to hang out with Jasper as myself. As much as I thought it was fun acting as Xaden, sometimes I just wanted to be myself. I rolled out of bed and opened the curtains. The sun was shining and I smiled. It was going to be a beautiful day today. The sun put me in a good mood, and I decided to break out my favorite colorful rompers. I'd pair them with a brown belt, making the ultimate outfit. 

You in town yet? Jasper texted me.

Actually I am :) I just got here. I responded. I grabbed my gladiator sandals, pulling them on.

When can we meet up?

Fifteen minutes?

I'll meet you outside Xaden's dorm. He texted back. I excitedly put on some mascara before checking myself in the mirror. My hair was a mess, so I brushed through it. I decided to go with a side braid look. My hair was probably tired of all the braids, but I hadn't been able to appreciate the look in a while. I threw on some of my Vera Wang perfume, before running to the restroom to pee and brush my teeth. After finishing up on last minute touches, I practically skipped my way out to the main entrance. Jasper was staring at his phone near the entrance of the building and I smiled. He looked so handsome. He was wearing denim jeans and a blue plaid shirt. Let it be known I kind of have an obsession with plaid shirts. If you wear a plaid shirt, you are immediately ten times hotter to me. He looked up from his phone and looked in my general direction, smiling when he saw me.

"Hey," I waved at him before walking out of the building and towards him.

"Hey, you look nice," He told me as he looked at my clothing. I blushed.

"Thanks," I said, "So, what's the plan for today?"

"How about lunch? I haven't eaten anything.  There's this party later on tonight we could go to too. Shit." He was looking behind me.

"What?" I asked him. I was about to turn around to look at whatever he was looking at, but he pulled me against the wall. I gasped from the movement. He leaned closer to me, his forearms leaning against the wall on either side of my head. I felt my heart beat quicken from the close proximity to him.

"Do not move," He murmured as his breath tickled my cheek. His nose was touching mine and I couldn't help but to look into those beautiful, captivating blue eyes. I noticed the blue flecks in his eyes by his irises. His eyes were searching mine, as if they were looking into my soul. I heard footsteps behind him. I could hear the faint dinging of the elevator and Jasper didn't move. His eyes flashed to my lips and back in my eyes. He moved away, shaking his head and sighed. "John just passed by. I'm guessing you didn't want to have to deal with him." 

"Oh, t-thanks," I stuttered, blushing a dark red. He nodded and we started walking toward campus, an awkward silence filling the air around us. I brushed a hand through my hair. "Well, what were you thinking for food?" I asked him, seeming to bring him out of his thoughts.

"I know this really good place we can go," He smiled, "It's a ten minute walk. I have my car around here; we can take it if you want."

"Walking is good for you," I smiled at him. We fell into an awkward silence again. I followed his lead as we took a turned right at one of the sidewalk intersections. I bit my lip saddened that our conversation had become like this. "Jasper, please, I don't want it to be awkward between us. I don't want to lose you as a friend." 

"I'm sorry. It's just...nevermind," He murmured. We continued walking. "Tell me more about yourself."

"Alright...Let's see. I'm allergic to cats and tree nuts, but not peanut butter. I love going to the beach. I enjoy sleeping. I don't really like or care for shopping. I'm afraid of scary movies, but I love watching them. I get awkward when I talk about myself. I'm always worried about oversharing and boring someone," I admitted.