Chapter 21

Today's weather was a hell of a lot better than yesterday's constant rain. It was still cloudy, but overall, it was a beautiful day outside in regards to temperature. I worked mostly on my online high school classes during the day before the Pledge Games event tonight. It was the baseball game. The first game was going to start at 4 and right now it was only 1 PM.

I was thrilled that today's games were an actual sport I not only understood, but used to play. This time I wouldn't be running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I was just nervous Jasper would put me in an intense position like first base. I used to pitch or play catcher, and sometimes first base, but I knew how fierce some of these guys were when they played sports. I clearly saw that last night.

I stood up and stretched, popping some joints. Nate was out and about in a class and that left me alone in our dorm room. I was just hanging out at my desk without my wig on, allowing my hair to breathe after weeks in braids. My phone vibrated on my bedside table and I practically skipped over to it.

I slid it open as I walked back to the desk and saw I had a new text message from Silver. I plopped down on the desk chair and read it.

You need a nutcup for tonight? ;) His text read. He's such a little butt muncher!

Nope, and if I did I wouldn't ask you. You don't have the right stuff for that. I texted him back, smirking at my comeback. I set my phone down and switched to the next page of my textbook. I tapped my pencil on my textbook wanting to just take a nap, but I had to finish my chemistry assignment before I could even think about taking one. I opened my eyes wider hoping that would help and stared at the page. I was about to write down the formula when my phone vibrated again.

I'll give u that one, He texted back. I laughed when he didn't even try to defend himself. I smiled as I turned my attention back to my homework.

I continued working on my homework when my other phone vibrated. Silver texted my personal phone and my other phone was the one that I used with my Xaden persona. I shuffled over to my bed and pulled it from under my pillow. It was a new text message from Jasper.

Pledges: here's the schedule for tonight:

1st game starts at 4 PM: Delta Lambda Phi vs. Chi Delta Chi

2nd game starts 15 mins after 1st game ends: Phi Kappa Tau vs. Gamma Omega Delta

3rd game starts 15 mins after 2nd game ends: Theta Delta Phi vs. Epsilon Sigma Rho

4th game starts 15 mins after 3rd game ends: winner of game 1 vs winner of game 2

5th game starts 15 mins after 4th game ends: winner of game 4 vs winner of game 3

Remember to wear shorts and our pledge shirts. We have bats and gloves already. Remember we are only playing four innings each game. See ya guys at 4 PM,

-Jasper

Holy crap...whoever makes it to the final game is going to be tired after all those games! I yawned just thinking about it. I grabbed my Minnesota Twins hat and set it on my bed. I grabbed my black spandex that I'd wear under my red and blue basketball shorts. I wanted to be completely ready to go so I didn't have to be running around like a chicken with its head cut off five minutes before I had to be there. Once my stuff was ready, I turned my attention back to my homework.

I looked back up at my clock after I finished my homework. It was already 3:30! I groaned and stood up, wanting to get ready for the game now. I quickly changed into my sports clothes and decided I'd wear extra bobby pins to keep my wig in place. I had decided that I would be wearing a hat for the whole game, even when I was batting. I had seen so many professional baseball players do it, and it'd save me from uncomfortably trying to keep the wig on my head.