Chapter 20

It was quite apparent how important the Best Pledge Class Games were to not only the Greek system, but the college itself. Just walking to my psych class I saw many of the other students running around campus in frat colors and logos. I groaned. I did not want to participate in this week. I was mostly nervous that all the physical aspects would reveal who I truly was. I didn't even want to think about how I was going to pull that off. I was going to look like a Grade A dumbass! Sadly, that was one of the stupid rules. Tonight was the flag-football game. I didn't ever play football, let alone know how to play it. I know that flag-football is totally different from actual football, but that's about the extent I knew! I should not be playing football with these guys. Some of these guys are massive and probably ate the same amount of food in a day as I do in a week!  

And not only that, no, my day just had  to start off bad. It was raining. So now I had to worry about actually being able to run without slipping during the game. I groaned as I stomped through the rain puddles and somehow managed to make it to class in time. 

"Excuse me," I murmured to people as I moved towards the seat I've sat in the whole time I've been in this class. Jasper was already there and might I say he was looking good. I sat down in my chair and pulled out my notebook. 

"Hey, Xaden," Jasper said. I looked next to me and gave him a nod.

"What's up, Jasper?" 

"Nothing much, you?" He asked back. He looked...different. He normally was just all business but now he had...not a glow, but he looked somewhat happy. Did he hook up with Sherry? 

"Same," I answered, "Super not pumped for tonight." He laughed.

"Yeah, well, maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be cancelled," He told me with a small smile. Now that  certainly got my hopes up.

---

The games weren't cancelled and I was pissed for thinking they would be. These were guys we were talking about after all. They're used to playing in the mud and doing crazy shit like that all the time. So here I was in the bleachers waiting for our fraternity to be called up for our first game.

Before the first of the games started, Dustin went over the rules for tonight. All the guys I was sitting by understood all the rules because, I'm assuming, they've played it before. Then there was me. 

The rules were:

-It was 7 on 7.

-It was consisting of four 10-minute quarters.

That was basically all I was able to understand. He mentioned something about downs, which I was completely lost with. The most football I watched was on Thanksgiving, but that was only because Daniel refused to let anything else be on. Other than that, nothing. I didn't know really anything about football, so I knew I was going to completely embarrass myself. 

"Dude, you better get pumped! I wanna see you kicking some ass!" Rodger nearly screamed in my face. I just nodded unenthusiastic about this whole night. He just let out a laugh. "Your skinny ass is going get a butt whoppin'!" 

"Thank you so much for that, Rodger, I'm so happy you have so much confidence in me," I muttered, each word dripping with sarcasm. He let out another laugh.

It was still raining heavily. I was happy that the seating was covered up from the rain. Sadly, the actual field wasn't. Nope. There was dirt everywhere and I could see puddles starting to form around the field. I saw Silver and Vlad start heading over to where I was sitting. Joy. Now I was betting Vlad was going to tease me just like Rodger had done.