Broken

"How're you feeling today?" Nate asked as I sat up in my bed. It was Wednesday, the day of my final.

"I just feel numb."

"I'm so sorry, Xandra," he said looking at my with a look full of pity.

"It happens. I just never thought it would happen to me."

"I get it. He was a douche," He muttered as he moved some paperwork around on his desk.

"Ugh, I don't wanna go to class!" I complained. Nate gave me a soft smile.

"I get it, but you have to."

"I know, I know," I muttered, "I just don't wanna."

"Are you going in your disguise or as yourself?" He asked. I ran a hand through my hair. It was a very good question.

"I hadn't even thought that far ahead actually. I kind of just want to go as myself," I answered. He nodded his head.

"Well, you know if you need anything I'm here for you."

"Thanks, Nate," I replied as I smiled at him. Nate and myself had come a long way. From being super awkward and weird around another to good friends. I felt sadness overcome me as I realized I would be going home soon and probably wouldn't see him again.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I'm just gonna miss you when I go home," I told him. He nodded with a smile.

"Oh, don't worry, you will be seeing me no matter what! You're one of the coolest girls I know. A little freaky but cool."

"Awhhhh! Nateypoo, that's so sweet of you. I really hope we can stay in touch."

"We will," he smiled, "but for now, I have a biochem final to go take. I'll see you later, okay?" I nodded as I smiled back.

Hey, would we be able to talk? I hit send on the text before I let myself talk myself out of it. I hadn't spoken to Jasper, I hadn't seen him since the whole incident at the house on Sunday.

I decided to get up and get ready for my final. I was going to go as Xandra to class. The professor wouldn't even notice since there were so many kids in my class. At least I hoped he wouldn't notice.

I picked out some jeggings and a red flannel. "Shit," I muttered to myself as I started looking through one of my drawers. I wanted a specific bra and couldn't find it. After a few minutes of searching I found it! My lucky lace bra. I smiled as I put it on. I quickly changed into my desired outfit and was on my way.

I was hoping to get to class early to be able to talk with Jasper. I wanted to clarify things and explain myself. Even though I really wanted him to forgive me, I just wanted to be able to apologize to him for what I did. I arrived to class and Jasper was no where in sight. I sat down at my usual spot. 20 minutes before class.

I pulled out my notebook and began skimming through it for information I knew I couldn't remember. The room began to get nosier as more and more kids came in. I looked up and there was only five minutes before class was due to start. Where was Jasper?

Are you okay? I quickly texted him. He hadn't responded earlier, I don't know why he would respond now. I sighed and put my phone in my pocket. Mr. Ruzzo walked down to his table and began to organize numerous papers. I began feeling worried with every second that passed by. Jasper still wasn't here.

"Alright class, settle down. I will begin handing out the final. Put everything away. Please only use a pencil or black pen on your answer book. If you have questions or need further clarification, please come down to me," Mr. Ruzzo announced as he grabbed some papers. He began walking up the stairs and handing out tests.

I heard the door open and looked up from my seat. Jasper was making his way to his seat next to me when we made eye contact. He looked away and clenched his jaw. It looked like he was looking around the big room for another seat.

"Mr. Howard, please take a seat, Mr. Ruzzo said as he reached our row. Jasper sighed and moved towards his seat.

As attractive as he was, he looked completely exhausted. He had bags under his eyes. His mouth looked swollen from John. His hair was crazy messy and his clothes were wrinkled. This wasn't the Jasper I knew. Jasper was typically very well-kept, something that kept him apart from the brothers. He was well groomed. Today it looked like he had given up.

"Jasp-" I started. He gave me a tired look.

"Don't," He interrupted me, "I don't want to talk to you. Stop texting me. Okay?" He handed me by final, and I passed the remainders to the person beside me. I looked back over at him and his full attention was on the test. I stared at him for a couple more seconds before looking down at my own final. It was hard to believe this was the same man who had such strong feelings for me days before.

---

I quickly hurried to finish my test when I saw Jasper get up with his completed one. I turned my test in and ran up the stairs. I saw Jasper walk out the door, and I quickly followed him.

"Jasper!" I yelled still running after him. He didn't even turn when he heard me. "Jasper!" I yelled as the distance between us became smaller. I finally caught up to him and grabbed his arm.

"What do you want?" He hissed, his eyes narrowing at my hand. I pulled my hand away from him.

"I just wanted to talk to you," I mumbled.

"I don't want to talk to you, Xandra," he continued glaring at me. He started to turn around, so I grabbed his hand.

"Jasp, please? You lost all feelings for me? I'm still the same Xandra. I'm still the same girl you kissed in Minnesota," I said. He shook his head.

"You lied to me. To all of us."

"I know, and I'm sorry. Please let me explain it to you."

"No," he hissed, "You told Vald and Silver of all people! We were supposed to be friends."

"We are friends..." I murmured back looking deep into his eyes. His face morphed into anger.

"You are no friend of mine," He muttered before turning around again.

"I thought you loved me," I said. He turned back and looked at me.

"You're not the girl I fell in love with." With that, Jasper turned and walked away taking part of my heart with him.