The tickets

There was a kind of serenity that came with being home. Being back in Sydney. LA was great for business and being close to friends-but nothing compared to being in my home town, being surrounded with my family and old found memories, my mum and dad loved having me back-and I loved being home.

It had been a few days, and I'd been relaxing by the beach and visiting the friends and family members I hadn't seen due to touring in my spare time. Austrailian paparazzi seemed so much more respectful than the ones in LA, and had hardly papped me during the days at which id been in Sydney, i hadn't seen Luke, however we had facetimed every night, he was busy catching up with his family and I was busy catching up with mine, I missed him-but I figured this kind of distance wasn't too much of a bad one, besides he only lived a few blocks away.

It was now however morning time, and as my eyes flinched open, viewing my familliar room, I smiled instantly-even more so when I noticed my mum, holding a plate of waffles at the end of my bed. My Mum had been babying me a little since i got back-but this wasn't irregular, she had that tendency due to how much she missed me when I was away.

"Good morning sweetie" she grinned as my eyes widened, she pushed the plate of waffles towards me

I grinned and sat up slowly, before picking up one of the large-looking waffles that was dusted with icing sugar, before handing my mum the second one that was seated on the plate before me, inviting her to tuck in aswell.

"Your phone alarm was going off earlier, I had to come in to stop it ringing!" my mum began, breaking off a small piece of the waffle and placing it upon her tongue.

"Shit! What time is it?! Mum why didn't you wake me!" I panicked, rushing out of bed and grabbing the laptop that was placed on my side table

"Apple? It's 10:00am! What's wrong?" She asked

"The good charlottee tickets went on sale at 9:00!! What if they have sold out?!" I gasped, tapping the keys on the laptop infront of me in a vicious manner at a much higher resistance than was neccasary to make them work

Although i knew Luke wanted to spend time with his family and friends as much as I did, when my music fanatic uncle Henry had informed me Lukes favourite band were playing a surprise, pop-up gig in Sydney the day before me and Luke were due to leave the country, I couldn't resist setting my heart on getting us both tickets to go.

"I'm so sorry Apple, I had no idea that's why you had the alarm on" my mum muttered

"It's okay, I'm sorry mum it's not your fault, sorry for swearing" I blushed, calming down a little as the ticket site began to load

*7 tickets available order now!!*

I entered a few details and soon enough, an order confirmation box popped up on the screen.

A weight was lifted from my shoulders and I smiled hugely, instantly printing out the tickets and resisting the urge to hug them in relief.

As soon as I viewed them, I knew I had to go round to Lukes and surprise him.

***

I wore a basic make up look-with my hair tied in a messy pony tail, and my outfit consisted of a pair of denim shorts and a green crop top, Paired with with a pair of brown military boots and a black cap that I had stolen from Luke earlier in the week.
An outsider would've never believed it was nearly Christmas with the high temperature that was being circulated around Sydney.

I skipped downstairs and informed my parents of my plans to go and surprise Luke, them kindly allowing me to use their car instead of having to get an uber to Luke's. I slipped the tickets into my back pocket and left the house, climbing inside the motor outside and connecting the dangling aux chord to my phone , before playing one of good charlottes biggest hits, if I was going to go to this concert. I'd have to get learning some of these songs.