Chapter 9, Black Breakdown

y/f - your first name

y/l - your last name/family name

YOUR POV

...and somebody came to save you.

Your head jerked up as a blue flash shone for a brief second. You didnt think you would ever be that glad for sans to be there in that one moment. Blue magic wizzed in the air and you felt the grip around you loosed. You fell to the ground as three ocean blue hearts hung in the air, with the three humans' chests bond to them.

You spit out the weird something in your mouth that had kept you from screaming. Sans came over to you and helped you up. 'S-sans! Oh my god... Im so glad your here! Th-thank you. Thank you so much for saving me...' You could only stutter as you looked at him. He smiled happily.

'no problem, y/f, id do it for any of my friends. lets get you home, okay? only i will come with you. i can teleport back anyways, and these idiots shouldnt try anything else.' He looked up at them. A flash from the back suddenly caught your attention. 'SANS! WATCH OUT!' But your cry came out too late as sans struggled to free himself from the same grip you had been in.

To your surprise, sans didnt fight, but let his magic loosen and the three dropped to the ground. When you looked up, you could see... something in his eyes. It was fear, and unbearable amounts of it. He didnt fight because he didnt have a choice, not because he didnt want to. 'Thats right. No struggle, no pain' The guy holding him laughed as sans seemed to want to tear him apart midair, but couldnt for some reason.

Now you definitly couldnt do anything about the attackers. They came closer to you and were carrying both of you across the field again. You tried to struggle again, the feeling in your chest increasing by the second.

But what could it be? Anger, maybe? You just couldnt put your finger on it. It didnt seem to give you anything but the feeling that you were missing a word. You tried to remember everything you knew, until you suddenly realized. My soul! It must be doing something...

Next problem... What color did your soul have? You went through all of the words to describe every soul type you knew. Patience? Perceverance? Bravory? Justice? Determination? Maybe Integrety? Or Kindness? But nothing changed. But what word could you possibly be missing??

There were only seven, right?

Your thoughts kept you occupied enough to wait out until you reached a strange, abandoned building. You were roughly shoved inside and you felt yourself getting tied to a chair, and you could hear sans being slumped to the ground nearby. His eyes were completely black.

You cried out, fought, struggeled and tried your best to get free or at least annoy them. They were still able to tie you tightly around a chair though, and you still felt like fighting. If not for your freedom, then for the one person who was willing to get himself in danger for you.

You opened your eyes every few seconds to see sans leaning against the wall, also being tied up. The men ignored you. Despite your screams, you could still hear the conversation. 'Hey, get your eyes back to normal, you weirdo!' One of them yelled and attempted to hit sans with a baseball bat. You saw how sans eyes immidiently came back at full brightness and he dodged away as best as possible as the man tried to hit him.

The threatener laughed. 'Jesus, we got a real behaving one on our hands, boys' You could see the way that sans was tensed up beyond his powers. Even if he did fight, he hardly had enough magic left to do anything. Then the man growled and went up to you. 'Quit screaming, will ya? Nobody hears you anyway!'