Chapter 16, Painful Fights

[OK I think I ran out of pictures now. Enjoy without any media, then]

y/f - your first given name

y/l - your last name/family name

YOUR POV

You couldnt do anything as you watched Toriel bring sans away, and as her last words before she went, she ordered Alphys to create more of those devices just to be safe. Alphys nodded, waited until the Queen left and then told Undyne to watch over you while she made more control machines. Undyne nodded, and you growled again, but this time quieter and not as aggressive, rather showing that you felt mad and annoyed.

Undyne told you to sit down on the couch, and a bit reluctantly, but you followed her order and sat down, not bothering to look at her. There was a moment of tensed up silence after Alphys had rushed down the stairs. Eventually, Undyne spoke up. Her tone wasnt threatening, rather calming than anything else. 'Okay. So you calmed down yet?' She looked at you. You didnt turn your head, but you nodded.

'Okay, so... Look, punk. While me and Alphys were downstairs, I saw helping her with some research. Turns out there is a way to change your souls back to... to change them to normal souls' You looked at her, and she immidiently read your expression. 'I probably should have expected this... You dont even want to change, do you?' You smiled and shook your head.

'Okay, so come on. Explain this to me' You looked up at her and frowned, confused. 'Explain what?' You asked casually. Undyne knew everything about how your souls worked, what could you possibly explain to her? 'Explain to me why you seem to hate him to death one moment, and then be okay around him the next. Explain why you wouldnt want to change, and how the crap you can even bear to be around sans anymore'

You had to smile again. You could imagine sans in your situation perfectly well, and he probably wouldnt have said a thing, or some teasing comment. A part of you wanted to do the same, but a part of you actually wanted to answer Undyne her questions, and see what she had to say to this. Maybe she knew what to actually do better than you did.

You took a deep breath and started talking. 'To be honest Undyne, I dont even know why exactly the things happen the way they do. But I do know that I feel comfortable around sans, more than around say, humans for example. I dont have too many human friends anyways, and I just feel like monsters are a million times more interesting than humans.

Yes, at some points, I do feel like killing him. But in others, Im glad hes there. He has the same emotional stuff like me, so its like we fit as friends because we have the same problems. I dont mind him being like it as long as I do these things myself' You smiled. She didnt flinch back, but actually listened to you. She was really trying her best to understand.

'But why dont you want to change? Wouldnt that be much easier and-' You cut her off before she could list her reasons, you could already imagine what she would say. 'Undyne, althought it may sound strange, but I like this way of living. Its how my soul and my magic works, its how I want to live and be. Things would be way too boring any other way' You could see her shudder and look at you with a wary glance. You just laughed, leaned back into the couch and switched on the TV by grabbing the remote from the small table.

An hour later, sans came back with Toriel, he had been freed and Undyne, Toriel and Alphys all got a remote. Toriel also said that Papyrus will be coming back during the week, he had stayed at the royalty's house for a few nights, and probably will do so every time you came to visit.

For the rest of the weekend, you got into one more fight with sans, but that was quickly solved by one of Alphys devices in the blink of a second by pressing the right button. On Sunday evening, when you were seriously thinking of just dropping your job and living here, not wanting to deal with humans anymore, sans came up to you in an odd way. 'hey y/f. im going to have to teleport you back soon, so i thought... well, how about we get out for once? you havnt seen that much of monster territory yet. only the obvious places' You looked at him in surprise, and then a mischevious grin grew on your face.