Eleven

Last nights party lasted until dawn. We were dancing, singing, playing around and just loving life all night long...

It was an hour before dawn when Luke had readied us all for my acceptance ceremony. A dagger laid out on a plush red pillow that Lewis held in his hands.

"Do you Lexi Thompson, swear your allegiance to this pack?"

"I do."

"Do you promise to take your position as Alpha seriously? Caring for all that this packs needs and wants as well as leading them as an Alpha beside me?"

"I do."

"Do you promise to protect, nurture and love them as you would a member of your kin?"

"I do."

"Then with this blade I now pronounce you, Lexi Thompson, the newest member and fellow Alpha of our pack." and with a cut to both our palms we placed them together and our blood forged together.

Like scissors to a string, the bond between the Eastern-Pack and myself was tethered.

But a new bond tugged at my heart, voices of the people I've come to know in my short time here flooding my mind through the links I now shared with each and every one of them.

My new family.

When the sun was about to come up all of us were already sitting by the edge of the cliff. Everyone sitting with either their mate or a friend as we all waited patiently for the new day to show its face.

Within the trees creatures came to life, the birds were singing and squirrels were gnawing on nuts.

The suns rays began to shine over the mountains, not yet revealing itself...

Then all of a sudden, the pink light turned orange and the sun peeped over the mountains like a child playing hide and seek.

Everyone cheered and popped a bottle of champagne as today was my official acceptance to the pack and I was officially Luna and Alpha as well.

Luke looked down at me with pride as I just stared at the beautiful scene in front of me in complete awe.

"I love you." he whispered as he nudged my arm to make me snap out of the trance I was in.

I blushed and whispered, "I know. But I love you more." I teased, sticking my tongue out like a seven-year-old.

Luke chuckled then moved closer and softly caressed my face with the palm of his hand. I leaned into his touch and closed my eyes only to feel his soft lips on mine... Kissing me passionately and slowly as if he were scared I would break at his touch.

I could just stay like this forever with this man, right here, in this moment. This perfect god. My own Adonis.

My hurting heart was only a shadow in the past and Marcus was nothing but empty memories that I've boxed away and put behind titanium walls.

Our kiss broke and he looked down at me. "I cannot wait to make you my wife. I bet my parents would be proud that the Moon Goddess chose you of all she-wolves to be my mate." He whispered as his green eyes enveloped my soul.

I guess this is what gravity actually feels like.

Luke rose to his feet and held his hand out to me when all of a sudden he was bumped out the way by a overjoyed and hyperactive Penelope.

"Luna! I mean, Alpha! I'm so confused... Anyway! It's time to go shopping! All those drab clothes you've been wearing are causing my eyes to grow itchy in annoyance," she sighed a deep breath and continued once again "so all the girls and I have thrown a load of cash together and by girls I mean, your mate," she said, winking at Luke who was scratching the back of his neck and grinning at me causing me to growl in disbelief "uhmmm so that means we gotta get you inside the house and have you cleaned up and pretty, so we can do a lot of shopping and spoil you rotten!" Penelope exclaimed as she clapped her hands together before she was pushing me from behind to move to our house.

I sighed as I was pushed forward causing my feet to stomp in the most unladylike way, hearing Luke's chuckle fade away in the distance as we got closer to the house.

Penelope banged the door open and led me to my room, into the bathroom, opened the shower door and shoved me inside, turning the faucet open to let the water wash away last nights party from my body and soaking my clothes.

"Better hurry up in the there, the sun is absorbing water, I ain't got all day!"

"I'm trying." I said, sighing heavily as I deposited my wet clothes on the shower floor and started rubbing soap along my body.

"Obviously not hard enough." she said exasperated as she stomped on the floor like a naughty child.

A growl slipped through my lips in annoyance.

"You know, for a nineteen year old, you sure act an 8th of your age." I giggled as I saw Penelope huff and roll her eyes at me through the steamed glass where I made a little circle to see her.

"Yeah, just hurry up, so I can make you pretty." she sighed dramatically as she pouted and pulled puppy dog eyes at me.

I stuck my tongue out at her as I washed the last bit of shampoo from my hair, only for her to scowl at me in response.

I stepped out the shower when I was done only to hear Penelope gasp.

"YOU HAVE A TATTOO?" She exclaimed.

"Yes, I uhm, do." I said plastering a fake smile on my face.

"It's beautiful." she sighed as her eyes lit up and she began jumping up and down in excitement for her new discovery.

"It's just a tattoo. Each of my old pack members got one when they have seen death and I got mine when I was fifteen. It symbolises power and privilege. Those who have survived a stand down with death are seen to be powerful beings and privileged to have survived an encounter with the grim reaper." I chuckled. "But I chose to get mine on a place one would only see when I'm either naked or in my bathing suit." I grinned.

"That is so awesome! Heyyyy, stop distracting me from my goal, little Missy! Go get dressed, I put your clothes on the bed, I hope you like them." Penelope giggled.

Such a hyperactive creature.

After I got dressed, Penelope pulled me closer to the dressing table, sat me down and started messing with make up all over my face for 45 minutes.

I turned around to look in the mirror and was shocked.

Who the fuck is this person? And what the hell did she do to me?

Penelope squealed and clapped her hands together. "You look gorgeous. Just admit it, I'm the best thing to ever happen to you." she boasted with a grin.

"Yeah, yeah. Now let's just go before I change my mind." I smiled before winking at her as I passed her by on the way to the kitchen.

I collected my keys and hung my jacket over my arm.

"No! We can take my Jeep." Penelope shouted from somewhere behind me.

"Only way that I'm doing shopping with you is when I get to drive my baby." I dared

"Fiiiine." she huffed.

I turned and swiftly exited the front door with my jacket hung over my shoulder and my baby's keys swinging on my index finger.

I pressed the unlock button to my white beasty and popped the door open, getting in the drivers seat and waiting for Penelope to hop in.

Once she was in, I pulled away and looked over to see Penelope dig her nails into my passenger seat and closing her eyes while cringing at the sound of my baby's wheels screeching, causing me to laugh.

The trees blurred past us as Without You by MELLDU blasted through the speakers and my thoughts started wandering to Luke and our future.

I imagined the classic white picket fence scene with the perfect little boy and girl running around, laughing carelessly as it was all I ever wanted since I was a little girl.

I got snapped out of my little daydream by Penelope excitedly exclaiming "We're here!"