Vesta's POV #BonusChapter

Vesta's Point Of View

As usual, our morning started early as Sophia and Gloria jumped on top our bed.

"Luna! Luna! Luna!" they chanted in unison causing me to stuff my head in my pillow and pull the duvet over my head only to hear Vulcan chuckle as he watched me through hollow bubbles the folds in the white sheet had formed.

"It seems we're not the only ones excited by her arrival." he smirked.

"I'm just happy he found her after so long." I smiled.

I was genuinely happy for our Alpha and for our pack, for it meant he would finally be able to focus on the work that went with his title as well as work on himself. Especially his bad temper.

Our Alpha was a good man. But since the death of both his parents he had lost sight of his true goal in fits of rage but never strayed from the path, thanks to his friends and my mate.

I looked at Vulcan. His thick brown locks curling slightly in a mess over his brow, a few silver hairs sticking their heads out between the disheveled mess. Even though we both have aged a bit, he was still as beautiful a man as the day of our wedding.

He was still enchanting and mysterious. But I didn't love him as much as I used to...

I loved him so much more.

Our daughters' excited chanting became louder and louder as they continued to jump and I found myself grunting as I swung my feet out of bed and threw the duvet from my body.

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Gloria squealed.

"Yes, Gloria?" I sighed as I rose to my feet.

"Did you see the Luna? She's so pretty! Will we see her at breakfast?" she grinned.

"Firstly, Pudding, she's not a Luna. Secondly, she's an Alpha like uncle Luu. Thirdly, yes, she is pretty. And yes again, we will see her at breakfast, so if you and Soph hurry up and go get finished you can see her!" I smiled, Gloria's glowing little features instantly extinguishing my foul mood.

I loved my daughters. In the three short years since their birth, they have brought me so much joy and motherhood was a sweet bliss when they weren't bickering and getting up to no good.

Besides having them, the rest of the pack brought me joy too... They gave me a home, love and a family. What more could I want?

I got ready for the day as fast as two excited children would let me and when I was finally done, my children were done too and it was almost time for breakfast.

I looked over to the bed in search of Vulcan but came up short only to see him walk towards the hospital in his white lab coat.

Guess he won't be joining us for breakfast.

"Just doing paperwork, my queen." he murmured through our link.

"If you must. Just hurry for the sake of well... Me." I replied.

"Forever." Vulcan murmured.

"And eleven days." I giggled.

Eleven days... The amount of time it took me to fall in love with Vulcan after our wedding.

Yes, after our wedding. Italian rules. Old traditions. But still what The Goddess wanted since I was privileged to be married off to the one who filled the missing half of my soul.

I led the girls towards the kitchen, their excitement never lacking thereof as they hopped down the stairs, still chanting but this time using the word 'Alpha'.

Soon our pack mates wandered into the kitchen, the air buzzing with the same electric excitement Gloria and Sophia had.

We have all waited for her and she had finally come and put an end to Darcy's sickening torture. She had hurt us all countless times. Even kicked me in the abdomen while pregnant with the twins because I stood up to her demeaning actions towards our Omega's as if she was our leader.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Mary-Anne came into view, her smile broadening as she looked at me and the girls.

"Would you two sweethearts like some pancakes for breakfast?" she asked as she bent down and met them at their level.

"Yes aunty Annie, please!" Sophia exclaimed.

"Help me, if you please." she said while smiling at me and so I did.

Half an hour later, I was seated at the table watching my twins bicker about who deserved the bigger portion of pancakes.

"I do!"

"No! I does!"

"I'm the oldestest!"

"Only by a minute."

"Help! I need Vulcan here! Now!" Luke mind-linked the pack.

On impulse, I grabbed my children's arms and ran out the kitchen, out the back door and up the hill towards Luke's house.

Vulcan ran past me with immense speed only to wink at me as he did so.

At the top of the hill, Luke burst through his front door, holding a naked and unconscious Lexi in his arms, wrapped only in a towel.

Her unmoving body had my mind reeling back into the past and my body lunged forward towards my Alpha.

I needed to make sure his mate was okay. Even if I was no healer. I could not watch our Alpha fade away the way his father had. Not now and not ever.

"We will protect our future, our family." my wolf promised, making me bow down in front of our leaders. Not just because they were our leaders, but because they were our family.

We shared no bloodline but they were still my family.

I watched as everyone else followed as if on cue.

"Family." everybody voiced as one.